saving a be. file

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
The Sewing Room

saving a be. file

Post by The Sewing Room » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:31 pm

I have taken a Mug Rug file from Five Star Fonts, In the hoop style. On the left side of the original mug rug is a flower. I have deleted the flower and added a cupcake instead. When I go to save it as a dst. file so I can download it to my flash drive, it is not saving it right. The be. file is ok as I have used the stitch simiulator, but when I go to save it under the "save as" (stitch & working file) it is not saving it the same way thus not stitching out right. What am I doing wrong? I can do it in a 2 step process but each time I use the cupcake I have to manually center it in the proper section. Should I save it some other way. Thanks.

The Sewing Room

Re: saving a be. file

Post by The Sewing Room » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:49 pm

I found the answer in the files from someone else. Not sure it will work because when I go to the Preference and click conversion I don't see "force version one" I'll keep trying. Thanks.

The Sewing Room

Post by The Sewing Room » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:44 pm

My question about saving a be. file still needs to be answered sometime. The one I read didn't help me get every thing in order. I have a pe 770. No hurry on getting to this, just whenever. Thanks. Joan

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:21 pm

I have the Five Star Fonts Mug Rug file and one of my machines is a PE 770. When I delete the flower and add something else, I do not have any issues. Why are you using a .dst file? Are you using the Save Stitch File As when writing to your USB? I always save as .pes. I can use a dst file, but that loses the color information since that format does not hold that information. I'm not sure that I understand just what is happening with your file. Please feel free to ask more questions.
Betty

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:02 pm

The Sewing Room

Perhaps you can further explain what method you used to delete the flower and add the cupcake to the in the hoop mug rug design?
Perhaps there is a better way to do this and have the design stitch out right!

One thing to check is to make sure to turn off or uncheck Remove overlaps when saving stitch files under Edit, Preferences and Files.

EastWitch2

The Sewing Room

Post by The Sewing Room » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:25 pm

To MacStitch: No I did not use the Save Stitch File As. I use the dst. because when I first got my machie I was using pes. files and o some I couldn't tell which file was which since the screen is small, so I started using dst. and giving it my own names and could find them on my flash drive that way. I realize I loose the color, but I just figure it out by the print out that I have done or as I go along. I wish the pes. files were a little more clear. I have a lot of designs on my flash drive; I know some just put the one they want and then delete it, but I rather not. Thanks for the help. I will try the Save Stitch file as.

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:38 pm

The Sewing Room

Let us know if you were successfull in getting your design to save right!

EastWitch2

The Sewing Room

Post by The Sewing Room » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:00 pm

Thanks East Witch I turned off the remove overlaps stitch and it worked great. Thanks. I appreciate you getting back with me, esp. when I sometimes don't explain things real well. Now I can go back and edit all my mug rugs. Have to do some for some fund raiser for the Jr. Class at school for Post-prom--Grandson's class and this will make it go much faster. Joan