Embroidery Machine won't recognize PES file

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
KathyDipp

Embroidery Machine won't recognize PES file

Post by KathyDipp » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:36 am

I just purchased Embrilliance Essentials and created my first .PES file (text only). I saved this to a USB stick and plugged it into my embroidery machine (Brother PE-770). The embroidery machine does not recognize any file on the USB stick, even though I can see it when I view the USB stick contents from my computer. I tried with a .PES file I had purchased/downloaded previously from a website (to make sure the issue was not with the USB stick of the embroidery machine) and the purchased .PES files are working properly (they are recognized by my embroidery machine), as expected.

Any ideas on how to correct this? The software is not useful to me if my embroidery machine will not recognize the files I have created using it.

Thanks in advance!

newbie13

Re: Embroidery Machine won't recognize PES file

Post by newbie13 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:40 pm

Be sure your USB is formatted to FAT 32 file system

smac

Post by smac » Mon May 16, 2016 9:41 am

I discovered that, sometimes, if any of my design is "highlighted" in Essentials when I save (like if you've been editing and you click on the design, the design is outlined for you to resize, etc.) that my machine will not open the saved file. So, click in a blank area of your design so that nothing is "highlighted" for editing, and resave. Then resave to your USB.

rskias

Post by rskias » Mon May 16, 2016 11:20 am

I am having a smiliar problem. I am a new user. I uploaded a font into embrillience, created s small practice design and saved it to my desktop as a PES. When I open up my layout and editing for PES and try to import or open i get a message that says it cannot read this version. How can I fix this???

rskias

Post by rskias » Mon May 16, 2016 11:33 am

I turned off the hoop selection before saving and that fixed it. I can open it now!

Trailgetter

Post by Trailgetter » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:58 pm

I had this very same issue. I found if I located my file, copied, and pasted to my thumb drive it worked! I created a folder on the flash card and pasted in it. When I loaded the card in my machine the folder showed up and I clicked it and voila!

gardener11

Post by gardener11 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:34 pm

I had the same problem. Resizing the file worked perfectly.