Threads Missing after Install on a New Computer

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
ltaute

Threads Missing after Install on a New Computer

Post by ltaute » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:32 pm

I recently purchased a new computer and moved everything over to it. My Embrilliance/Thread file appears to have all the threads that come with the software and even My Palette. When I open the Utility/Threads menu, nothing appears in the drop-down box is blank. Nothing happens when I click the spool with the green arrow. I had to create a custom palette as my thread was an unknown brand. I would hate to have to do it again as it is soooo time consuming to start from scratch.

I should note that when I have a design open, the only palette available under the Color Properties/Thread option is Brother or Current Page - nothing else that is listed in the Threads directory on the hard drive.

hsbdobergirl

Re: Threads Missing after Install on a New Computer

Post by hsbdobergirl » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:26 am

I have a question. If all you see is blank or just brother how do you know your palette moved over? There are two things you can try to fix this.

1) Hopefully, you exported your 'threads' file as a bx file. If so, just import that into your 'threads' table in the utility menu. If not,

2) Go back to your original computer or backup source. Under the Embrilliance/Threads directory this is where all the threads files are kept by embrilliance. Copy that 'Threads' folder over to your new machine (essentially replacing what's there) and that should fix it. NOTE: before you do that rename the 'threads' directory on your new computer to something like 'threads old' and then copy the 'threads' folder over from your original computer or backup source. You want to rename it just in case you need to revert back for some reason.

Vicki

ltaute

Post by ltaute » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:43 am

Ah YES! Thank you. I didn't even think about exporting the file as a BX before. Thanks for the whop upside the head!

hsbdobergirl

Post by hsbdobergirl » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:27 am

You are welcome!!!

JSouth

Post by JSouth » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:54 pm

Threads missing after trying to backup my files. I moved the file to an external drive then moved it back and now all I have is Brother Embroidery how do I get those files back? My Threads folder is blank.