confused

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
Pamme_Jo

confused

Post by Pamme_Jo » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:25 pm

I am seriously considering the purchase of Essentials but confused about the Thumbnailer and Convert it Mac. Could you explain why I would need both programs?

Mac

Re: confused

Post by Mac » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:36 pm

We have two main programs for Mac embroiderers. They are both useful and quite different.

The first is Convert It, Mac. This is available from our website MacEmb.com. This program is a view - and - convert program. It lets you see your designs and convert them to your machine format. It has design coloring, basting, color sorting and some other tools for embroiderers. Most people consider this an essential tool for those times when you simply want to browse for a design and use it. CIM comes with our popular Thumbnailer, so your designs will be visible in Finder, just like photos, etc. CIM runs on Mac OSX 10.5 and up.

The second program is Embrilliance Essentials. This is available from Embrilliance.com. Embrilliance is a brand that we make and it runs on Macs and PCs. Essentials is designed to have the features 'Essential to all embroiderers without the extras.' This makes it really useful and easy to use. It includes Sizing, Merging designs, Coloring, Lettering in multi-line, Monogram and Circle modes, and more. Although it can be used to find and convert designs, this is not its strength. It is made for you to create a composition or add lettering to a design.

You can see why many people have both.

All of our programs can be put on all your computers with no additional license. No dongle, etc. The Embrilliance programs can even be put on a Windows PC if you have one.
Mac embroidery software "For The Rest Of Us!"

Pamme_Jo

Post by Pamme_Jo » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:47 pm

Thank you, now ready to purchase!!

LindaV

Post by LindaV » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:59 pm

I'm still confused on converting. Don't designs come in all formats and if you use a different format in your EE to change color and size and then save to format you use on your machine won't that work? When do you need CIM? Please give examples how to use it. Thank you.

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:53 pm

Hi,
I'm a new user of Essentials and am trying to eliminate my Windows computer. I see no need for any conversion program unless you want to batch convert designs. I have that on my Windows program but have used it very little. Just save your design from Essentials in the format you need. Essentials is a great program that needs to grow a little, but I think that that is in the works. I think that the Thumbnailer is included with the Convert it Mac program, but I have a different thumb nailer program for Mac. If you have any specific questions, feel free to send me a private message.
Betty

LindaV

Post by LindaV » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:04 pm

Thanks Betty,
I purchased thumbnailer and EE and was confused when I saw CIM on another site but not for sale on this site. I did not know if I should return Thumbnailer and get CIM. I am trying the EE. I have Designers Gallery...Custom Works and Studio Plus which I was using on a netbook as I have a Mac laptop. After my home was broken into and both computers were stolen so I replaced my Mac and bought Fusion to run a virtual machine. It was so slow and as I am not a computer expert I don't have any idea what might be wrong. When I saw this I was excited to be able to have something for my Mac. My dilema I guess is should I buy a cheap pc and keep my very expensive software and add to it and return the EE or stick with the EE and sell my Deisgner's Gallery. I could not seem to get answers to my questions regarding what I would be missing if I gave up DG. I could not figure out how I could delete portions of a design or copy a portion to use. I did see that I could delete an objects of one color, but you have to delete all of that color. I also understand that you can do it with simulator, but have not worked with that too much yet. I also was not sure if I stay with EE do I need CIM? I need to try editing some designs and see how they sew out. So far it seems pretty easy and I love the thumbnailer to view and open my designs.
Happy sewing!!

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:04 pm

Hi,
CIM is a very useful tool in its own right. It is not Windows enabled, so it is not an Embrilliance product. This is why it is sold through our own MacEmb.com website.

CIM is a great design browser, does batch conversion and has other tools such as printing catalogs of your designs.
But it does not merge, resize, add lettering, etc.
Users of Designer's Gallery would equate CIM with Studio, and Essentials with CustomWorks.

Like any toolbox, more than one tool can be handy. Sometimes you just want to browse your designs and get a handful of, say, butterflies, and put them on your USB stick or transfer to the machine. It's fast and easy with CIM. It takes a few more clicks with Essentials.

If I had to choose only one because of budget, I'd take Essentials. As it;s name implies, it covers all the 'must have' tasks for most embroiderers.

Another feature for Power PC Mac users who may read this at some later date is that CIM is today just about the last program for embroidery that runs on those machines. We could not make Essentials to do it.

Regards,
-Brian

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"