Ungrouping

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
WildOlive

Re: Ungrouping

Post by WildOlive » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:58 am

I have made a design with a simple diamond shape and lettering. Its a diamond with lettering inside and outside of the diamond. Saved and closed the file. Did a test run and need to make the design stitch from the center out. Open the design's "be" file and highlighted the box(of the entire design) with the dashed square and little boxes, went to edit/ungroup and it will not ungroup. I also tried clicking the + symbol next to the 1 in the objects box on right, but the design elements do not open individually. It just shows the same full design as 1.1.

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:22 pm

Open Essential
Then open and bring in your working .be file of the Diamond design.
Don't Highlight the design in the work space at this point

Now look in the Object Pane on the top right side of the page.
Does it show 3 objects that make your design up.
Such as the lettering inside the Diamond, the Diamond design and then the lettrering out side of the Diamond.

Tell me what you see in the Obects pane!

Did you read my comments about Grouping and Ungrouping that I posted previuosly where you first asked about it?

EastWitch

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:13 am

If the "design object" you are working with is lettering...created using the A lettering tool OR it is all one color then it is one object. You can modify lettering using the lettering properties dialog...if it was created in Essentials. Be sure you are opening the .be file you created to modify the objects.

If it is a one color imported design, the only way to "ungroup" is to add color breaks using the sew simulator with color stop. There is information on this in the tips and tricks section of this Essentials forum!
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!