Viking D1 help

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
KOwens

Viking D1 help

Post by KOwens » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:56 pm

Hi Everyone,

I recently acquired a Husqvarna Designer 1 from my mom as she has moved on to a new machine. I have a mac computer so I bought the embrilliance essentials. Just to try it out, I downloaded a free embroidery design, saved it as an .shv file onto a floppy, and put it in the machine. When I open the disk on the sewing machine, it doesn't show the design. I really don't know anything about machine embroidery, but getting the file into the machine seems like it should be the easy part! Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Kristin

EastWitch2

Re: Viking D1 help

Post by EastWitch2 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:42 am

Check the Manual
It says to go to Utilities and use the Designer1 Disk option there to write the design in the proper SHV format of the design to your floppy Disk.
Just saving the design in SHV will not work.
You have to use the Designer 1 Option under the Utilities as it will write the design and a number of menus that your machine needs in order to read the design on the Floppy Disk.
Look under Help in the program or check the online manual at the Ebrilliance store to read the information of how to do this.

Hope this helps you!
EastWitch2

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:00 am

I should add that you can take any format of a design such as pes, dst, jef, hus, VIP or VIP3 etc. and then using the Designer 1 option in Utilities and it will convert/write any of these formats to SHV format with the proper menus to your floppy disk for your machine to read and stitch out.

It isn't necessary to convert any of the other design formats to SHV first before writing the disk using the Designer Disk option under Utilities.

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:56 am

Here are a few tips about using your Designer 1 machine for embroidery.
Put your Embroidery Arm on the machine first and then turn it on.
Let it go through the calibrations.
Then put your Floppy disk in the machine and on the machine screen touch the Floppy Disk Icon to pull up the designs on the floppy disk.
Choose the design you want.
When the design comes up on the machine screen it will show what size hoop to use for the design and shows the first color of the design that will stitch.
You can use that hoop size tha machine screen shows or a larger hoop if you have one but you can not ususally use a smaller hoop than the hoop size that first appears on the design screen.
Hoop you fabric and stabilizer and then put your hoop on the machine.

The hoop can not be on the embroidery arm when you first turn the machine on or before you put a floppy disk in and pull up the design,

Do you have a Machine Manual for your machine?

EastWitch

KOwens

Post by KOwens » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:29 pm

Thanks for your help everyone! I was using disks that already had D1 formatted designs on them and that takes a special trick. You have to first read the disk, then add the new design to the correct folder. I was telling it to write the disk, which was adding a new set of folders to the old set and just confusing the whole operation. I think I have it figured out, though sometimes it takes more than one try to get it to cooperate. Thanks again!
Kristin

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:43 pm

Kristin

I think the way it works is if you want the designs that are already on your Floopy to stay on the floppy then you Read the Floppy first and then add any new designs to those and then when you click Write both the original designs that were on the floppy and rthe new designs will be written on the floppy.

If you bring in new designs and Just click Write then the program probably over writes or deletes any designs that may already be on the floppy and only the new design will be written to the floppy and you loose those designs that were originally on the floppy.

I think it always smart to Read a floppy first before Writing any new designs to it just so you don't loose designs that you may need to use again in the next few weeks.

You should always have athe original designs on your computer or a copy od the designs stored on an external drive or DVD or CD so if you need then you have them.

EastWitch2

Bobbieb

Post by Bobbieb » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:07 pm

I have started to use EE recently. I used the Utility/Designer1 disc option. Chose the disc option and menu option. Selected the designs that I had saved with EE in SHV format. Selected import because nothing else seemed to work to get the designs to the screen to add to disc. Selected all of the designs. Selected write. Voile! The designs appear to be on the disc when I read the disc, however, my D1 doesn't see them. Advice please..

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:45 pm

If the designs are of the correct size and saved to the folder on the disk, I'm not sure what the problem could be. I would recommend filling out a support request under Contact Us at the top of the screen to open a trouble ticket.
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Sept 03, 2013

Hi Bobbieb

When making or combining designs in Essentials that you want to be able to stitch out on a Designer 1 machine you should save the design in any other format but do not save it as a SHV format.

Just saving the design in the SHV format is really not saving the design in a true SHV format that the machine will read

You can save the design as a Pes, Dst, Vip, VIP3, Jef, etc. but do not save it as SHV.

My suggestion would be to save the designs in the VIP3 format.

When you want to write the designs on a Floppy Disk for the Designer 1 machine use the Utility Designer1 Disk Option.
Load the saved designs into the menu and then write to the floppy disk.

The EE Designer Disk Option actually converts any of these other design formats and writes them to the Floppy Disk in the SHV format.

When the Disk option writes the SHV format it writes 5 files for each design that have to be written a certain way & in a certain order so that the Dsigner 1 machine can read the design and stitch it out.

There is a section about writing the the Floppy disks for the Designer 1 machine in the Help Menu of Essentials.

EastWitch2

Bobbieb

Post by Bobbieb » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:14 pm

Thank you all for your input..