Selecting stitch area to delete or move

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
BKM31005
Selecting stitch area to delete or move

Post by BKM31005 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:10 pm

I haven't downloaded Essentials yet, but I do have AlphaTricks. I currently use another Mac software that works great for most of my needs, but would love to use Essentials for everything, since I use AlphaTricks quite often. However, I wanted to find out if Essentials will do these two features .... Can you select specific stitches by point/click if you want to remove certain stitches and/or copy and past additional stitches? Also, can you select an entire area, like using a rectangle drag and drop box, if you want to remove or copy a certain area of the design? I tried to remove a flower that was part of an in-the-hoop project and couldn't figure out how to do it because there wasn't a color change, but that might be because I only have AlphaTricks. I ended up going back to my other software and removing it from there. Will Essentials do this if there isn't a color change?

LisaSewBubbles

Re: Selecting stitch area to delete or move

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:43 am

Yes you have limited editing with AlphaTricks. It is restricted to lettering since that is its main function.

With Essentials you have a bit more flexibility. You can add a color stop so you can delete. If you go to the tips and tricks section of this forum you will see the topic on added a color break to redwork designs.

For complete stitch editing, you might want to check out the Designer Gallery EmbroideryWorks programs which go beyond the Essentials with much more features and functions.

Hope this helps!
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

BKM31005

Post by BKM31005 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:56 pm

I've been playing with the stitch simulator and figured out how to make change stops and love, love, love this feature! Not only can you make color changes, but like you mentioned, it's easy to select a section from the exact stitch and remove whatever you want. Love it - thanks Lisa!

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:37 am

I KNOW! Isn't it FUN :-) Once you start playing with adding color stops, you can really change up a design or fine tune what you want to select and remove or copy. Just remember to save your design under a different name before you start customizing like this :-O Ask me how I know....Thank goodness for the ability to redownload a purchase!
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!