Split Design question at the Machine

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
WildOlive

Split Design question at the Machine

Post by WildOlive » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:17 pm

So I have designed a simple name in an applique font (ZACH) for the 5x12 hoop. My split design has a "Top" and " Bottom" name. I go the the machine, stitch out the ZA. How do I know which position to move the hoop to for the CH?

EastWitch2

Re: Split Design question at the Machine

Post by EastWitch2 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:01 pm

WildOlive

You should have a Text file in the same file folder as you saved your split design stitch file in.

The text file should tell you which file to stitch first and which position to stitch it in and it should give you the same information for the second part of the design. It will also give you a color chart for each split section.

Watch this video that explains the process and the text file information
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGP2aN78MGE

EastWitch2

brandnoonan

Post by brandnoonan » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:46 am

EastWitch2, I'm with you. I have the file, it's saved in two parts and I'm ready to sew. But how do I know where to put each file on the hoop? The text file says nothing about positions. If the design is centered on the hoop, do I just eyeball it? HELP!!

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:16 am

brandnoonan

Which brand of Embroidery Machine do you have?
I take it you are working with a positional hoop that allows yiou to move the hoop into different positions for stitching parts of a design out is that right?
!s your positional hoop a 2 position hoop or 3 position hoop?

Or are you working with one hoop non positional and then hooping once for stitching one part of the design out and then re hooping to stitch another section of the split design out?

From what the Video says you would stich the Design Bottom first and then the Top Design second.
Presumably the split sections line right up to each other.

For the Multi Position Hoops I really would have liked to have seen the Text files actually say which position for each section and which section stitches out first!
Perhaps if we ask Brian he can make this change to the program.

I woiuld have liked the Positional Hoops to show the acutal Position Numbers in the working window of Essentials and also show the Position Numbers in the print out of the saved designs as this would make more sense to everyone!

If some of us contact the Support Team perhaps these chages would be made!

A video on how to actually stich the split designs out both for Non Position and Multi Position hoops would be great too!

I have a 3 position Multi Position hoop for my Designer 1 machine and have only had time to make up a couple of designs in Essenatials for the Multi position hoop and saved them in 2 different ways for the hoop and not had time to take them to my machine to see if the machine recognizes the designs and tells me what position to start with.

Have you tried to do a test stitch out to see how the design stitches out?

EastWitch2

brandnoonan

Post by brandnoonan » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:56 pm

Okay. I figured it out but yes, I agree, a video tutorial would be nice.
I'm using a 5x12 hoop for a brother machine. I don't know what model it is exactly but it's the one with Mickey Mouse on it.
Step 1: I saved the file as a split file and the machine recognized it as two separate files (thank goodness).
Step 2: I put the hoop on the bottom 2 brackets and embroidered the "top" half of the design.
Step 3: When it was done, I then moved the hoop to the top 2 brackets and did the "bottom" half of the design. It didn't look it it was going to line up properly and I was kind of panicked when I hit start, but in the end it did line up (it was just that the cross for the letter "t" stuck out over the side of the design so it looked like it was going to stitch over the other letters that had been sewn. But it didn't...

After that, I was done. It probably took over 30 minutes to stitch out the entire design as it was over 15,000 stitches but I don't really care. I just did other stuff while it did its thing.

It's actually very easy. I didn't move any of the design. I put the hoop on and hit the green start button. When you're using such a big hoop, there isn't really any room to move the design around anyhow. I made sure to center the design on the hoop in Embrilliance before saving it so that it was saved and placed into the machine in the right way.

Maybe I just got lucky but it really wasn't that hard at all. PHEW!! So beyond beyond thrilled to have this feature now and know that it works so well.

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:04 pm

brandnoonan

I just had a look at the Brother hoops in Essentials
Did you choose the 130x300 Jumbo Multi positional hoop for your design that we are talking about that you saved as a Split design?

I am so glad to here the design stitched out right for you.

I will have to try one of the mongram designs I made for my Designer1 3 position hoop and see how that stitches.

Thanks for letting us know that your split design worked.
Woulkd love to see a picture of your split design, is there a chance you could post one on the Share Section of the Forum for all to see?

EastWitch2

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:35 pm

When you save a design in a multi position hoop, it is automatically split and saved with a TXT file. The TXT file tells you which position each file needs to be stitched in as well as in what order to stitch them.

If your machine allows you to combine designs into the multi position hoop layout at the machine, you can load the various designs and line them up on the screen of the machine.

Otherwise you would simply load the first design, stitch it - you will see that an alignment line has been added to the design. Now move the hoop, load the second design and the first thing that stitches in the first color is that alignment line which should line up with the one from the previous hoop. As long as those two lines line up, the rest of the design will line up.
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:16 pm

Hi Lisa!

Since I have a H/V Designer 1 machine I have been experimenting with the VIP3 Mega Hoop by Position hoop option in the software.

if you import a large design or put put together a design with text or make a large monogram or text design using the lettering function and the total design fits within the VIP3 Mega Hoop by Position and then save the design to that hoop.

The software will split your design into 2 sections that can then be stitched in a Normal 150 x 240 hoop in 2 hoopings to produce the whole design.
This is what we refer to as Mullti Hooping.

You will have to hoop and stitch the bottom section first and then re-hoop and stitch the second section which is the Top section.

When hooping for the second section you will line up the alignment stitches from the Bottom design section that you stitched out first to the alignment stitches that will stitch out first for the Top designsection that you will be stitching last.

And Yes when you saved the design in the software the program generates a Text file for the 2 split Sections and names the 2 sections Bottom and Top.
It shows you the colors list of the design for each section.

But the Text file doesn't tell you which section to stitch first which is rather confusing.

Now can you tell us/me what the Vip3 Mega Hoop by Color hoop option is and what it does to a design and how is it different from the VIP3 Mega by Position option?

I am hoping this is the option that allows one to stitch out a large design right in the 3 Position Mega Hoop.

EastWitch2

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:08 am

split design text.png
split design text.png (51.82 KiB) Viewed 6147 times
The text file does tell you the position of each section as shown in the picture here - top and bottom.

If you choose the VP3 hoop by color -- this does NOT split the design but rather allows you to load the large design to the machine so that the machine can split the design for you. Make sense?
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

brandnoonan

Post by brandnoonan » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:15 pm

Anyone else having problems with split files lately?