Adding thread colours

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
pixelart

Adding thread colours

Post by pixelart » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:24 pm

Is there any way to add thread colours that are not already listed? I've looked through the manual, but can't see this covered. I have a lot of Sulky threads, some of which are not listed and I'd like to be able to add them in.

Also, as multicolour / space dyed /ombre threads are becoming more available and popular, I wonder if (or how) it might be possible at some point for these to be simulated in onscreen designs? A bit too much of a challenge perhaps? Is this even possible in high end embroidery software yet? Just musing :)

LisaSewBubbles

Re: Adding thread colours

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:43 pm

Hello Pixelart,

We have updated many thread families in the current version of Essentials. You may want to check your About window to verify that you are running the current version. We have added some of the variegated threads in this update but the visual representation may or may not be what you are looking for.

The ability to add custom thread colors or create your own palette is part of the Enthusiast program. I'm not sure if you can add a variegated thread yourself - I will need to do some research into this but you can check out this feature on the Enthusiast product information page and in the updated manual.

The updated manual for Embrilliance customizing software can be found on the Downloads page. Since all programs can be added to Essentials for a robust customizing program, there is one manual with sections for each of the stand alone programs.

Hope this helps!
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

pixelart

Re: Adding thread colours

Post by pixelart » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:52 pm

Thanks, yes I do have the latest version of Essentials. I only bought it very recently and it has not been updated since. At present, I only have Sulky Rayon threads and my collection definitely contains some that don't come up in the Essentials list.

I also have the most recent version of the manual, and whilst I saw mention of creating thread palettes, I did not notice the facility to actually add in new colours. I obviously missed that bit, so i apologise for wasting your time.

Again, thanks for taking the time to reply.