Splitting Designs

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
brandnoonan

Splitting Designs

Post by brandnoonan » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:24 pm

I split words, usually because I sew large names on to fabric. It works most of the time but the last few weeks it hasn't been working say, 30% of the time, which doesn't seem like much but I run a small business so those times it doesn't work cost me money.

It's either sewing OVER itself (the second stitch file sews directly over top the first file only where the "split" would happen) OR it sews them so close together that the letters basically become illegible. In either scenario, the name is ruined and I have to start all over. Not to mention I'm sewing 3" letters at about 15,000 stitches and it can take about an hour to complete.

I save the split file, open the files to see which is top and bottom and then sew them in that order. My text file does not say anything about placement. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Is this a bug or user error? I've posted in several forums here and also emailed the support team and I still don't have an answer. The support guy said that "the files are supposed to sew over themselves" which is NOT the case with an all letters file such as mine. I've tried 3x now to upload an image of the what's happening but it doesn't work so I'm giving up.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

EastWitch2

Re: Splitting Designs NOT WORKING

Post by EastWitch2 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:20 pm

Hi brandnoonan!

I know showing a picture of your problem design would help with trying to figure out what is happening with your split designs.

The information on the link below may help you to post a picture of your design you are having a problem with.
Lisa gave links about how to do a screen capture in the post.
http://embrilliance.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=456

What size hoop are you choosing under the Multi Posion Hoop Option?
You say you are making names how many letters are you saving as a split design?

Are the letters from the built in Alpabets in the Essentials program?
Are you resizing any of the lettering before saving as a split design?

Or are these Purchased lettering designs and if so can you tell us which digitzer or website they came from and what the Alphabet name is that the lettering your using is from?
Did you resize these letters before saving as a split design?
If they are purchased designs where are they from and what is the name f the Alphabet that you are using the letters from?

Perhaps one of our members has the same machine and same Alphabet lettering designs that could test spliting the letters to see what happens.

Before saviing When you have the lettering in the hoop area of the working window of Essentials are all the letters spced evenly?

Is it only one letter (first Letter) of the second part of the split design that stitches over top of the first split section of the design ?
Do the rest of the letters in the second part stitch out right and are they spaced evenly?

When you have the design in the hoop area of the working window the way you want it before you save it have you used the Stitch Simulator to see how the whole design would stitch out?

I could see there maybe some over stitching occuring right at the area of the hoop where the split occurs in order for the split to not be visible.

My Observation:
When I view some lettering in the Stitch Simulator of a name design in a split hoop the letter that is right at that split area (over lapped area) may be digitized in such a way the some of the first part of that letter would stitch out in the first split section and the rest of that letter may stitch out in both split areas because of the way the letters are digitized so this may be the reason that some of the second split section stitches over the first split section. I can see that this may present problems and I am not sure if this has anything to do with blending the design at the split area so the split is not visible.

The lettering design I made had an N in the middle of a name right at the Split and when I viewed it in the stitch simulator the underlay stitching of the first part of the Satin Stiched N would stitch out in the first split section but the rest of the underlayfor the rest of the N and all of the satin stiches of the whole N would stitich out in both split sections because of the way the N was digitized.
Now I am not sure how the Essentials program handles this when you save the design as a split design.

I wonder if you sent the working files and stitch files of one of the split lettering designs you had a problem with and a pictue of the stitich out of the design to the Suport Team with your hoop size information if they could test the design to see what the problem is?

You could save the picture from your camera of your stitch out to your computer and then send it to the Support Team.

Is your version of Essentials up to date?

Random Thoughts!
The alignment lines of the second part of the design should stitch on top of the alignment lines from the first part you stitched out so you don't see any split area in the whole design once it is completely stitched out.
Do these alignment lines line up when you stitch the design out?

I wonder if the 2 split parts of the design are just a tad too large for your actual stitch area of the hoop when you stitch the letters out so they tend to stitch too close together or over top of each other!

Have you tried to size the design down abit before saving it as a split design to see if that makes a difference in stitching the split design?

EastWitch2

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Splitting Designs NOT WORKING

Post by Admin » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:02 pm

There was a bug in the 100x170 Brother hoop that was introduced a version or so ago, which has been corrected and will be released this month, as soon as that engineer is done with his chemo. Maybe the week of the 24th.

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

trishanne

Re: Splitting Designs

Post by trishanne » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:48 am

I have just recently discovered the multi hoop option to use on my machine that stitches 4x4. I realize that I can still only go 4" in one of the dimensions.
I have not played around with it much yet, but I am curious as to whether or not I can split in-the-hoop designs (such as, say, a zipper bag), considered the multiple steps involved. Any insight on this? Thanks

Trish

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:06 am

I cannot think of any way that in the hoop designs could be split. You are working with sequential placing of large pieces of fabric, not to mention the zipper. It would be difficult, if not possible, to move the hoop and load the other design for each step. You can't stitch out all of one and stitch all of the other half.
Betty

trishanne

Post by trishanne » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:26 pm

Thanks Betty. I kind of figured that would be the case. I'm still learning! Thanks for your input. Happy Easter!

spuzzled

Post by spuzzled » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:51 am

How can I eliminate the "gap" between the two parts of my split design? It is a large hockey logo. The machine will not let me adjust the design to remove the gap I guess because of the size and I can't reduce the size of the design.