Saving to USB stick

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
SuZeeBee
Saving to USB stick

Post by SuZeeBee » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:48 am

I am pulling my hair OUT because I can save designs to my USB stick, but then SOME of them will show up on my Memory Craft 200E, and some will not. When the USB stick is plugged into my computer, all of the designs appear to be on it. But they will not show up on the embroidery machine. I've changed the names of the files in case that's the problem, but still nothing. Frustrating that some show up and other don't which were all saved at the same time. Help, please???

MacStitch

Re: Saving to USB stick

Post by MacStitch » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:08 am

If the design is too large for your largest hoop, it will not show. Also, some machines are very limited on how many designs can be displayed from a USB stick at one time. Try putting a design that is not showing on an empty USB stick and see if that makes a difference.
Betty

SuZeeBee

Post by SuZeeBee » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:14 am

Thanks---the size is fine....if I repeat moving the design to the stick multiple times, it sometimes works. I deleted some designs from the stick in case space was part of the problem. Doesn't seem to matter!

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:07 pm

I would try using another brand of USB, with a size of 2gb or less. Are you by any chance using a Mac? In that case, you have to use the menu item 'Save stitch file as' to keep from confusing the machine with mac invisible files.
Betty

SuZeeBee

Post by SuZeeBee » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:07 pm

I am saving the file that way, and what's most frustrating is that I will use designs saved to the USB stick several times, then when I want to use them again, some of them mysteriously vanish from the stick....which is what is happening again as I type....ugh....And yes, I'm using a Mac, but I am saving the file the way you suggested, always have, but this stick must be a dud after 2 years. :(

SuZeeBee

Post by SuZeeBee » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:16 pm

Also, the design shows up on the stick when it's plugged into my computer, but when the stick is plugged into the embr. machine, it's not there.

SuZeeBee

Post by SuZeeBee » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:28 am

Betty---I just realized that I've been saving using the Save as (sticking and working) choice, NOT the one you suggested!!!! Just did it with your recommendation and SCORE---it worked!!! THANK YOU!!

Anita

Post by Anita » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:17 pm

unofrtunetley I already tried all of those things and nothing is working. thank you though

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:59 am

Hello Anita,

Did you see the video on saving designs to USB?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlGuvT_Oit4

The Janome machines have an added requirement in that not only does the design need to be the correct size BUT it also MUST BE in the correct folder on the USB drive.

If you aren't sure which folder you need to use, please use the Contact Us link at the top of the page, tell us the model machine, the program you are using etc and we will walk you thru the process.
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

sewsusan

Post by sewsusan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:39 pm

Thanks for posting this link from youtube, Lisa. I have a Janome 300E & a PC, but was able to apply her instructions & was successful in transferring my designs to my flash card.