stitch editing

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
pollyanne

stitch editing

Post by pollyanne » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:24 pm

I would just like to know if stitch editing is possible in essentials or is it in enthusiasts. I tried to delete an object in a design but the colour was linked in another object so I lost part of that too. Is there anyway around this

MacStitch

Re: stitch editing

Post by MacStitch » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:37 pm

Before Enthusiast, I used the stitch simulator to delete parts of objects. The trick is to drag in the simulator to the approximate start of what you want to remove. Then use the left and right arrow keys to get to where you want to make a cut. Then press the Stop button. The stitch color dialog box will open. Choose an unused color and click OK. You have just split the object. Continue in this manner until you have isolated the start and end of each portion that you want to remove. Then, go to the object tree and delete the parts that you do not want. I know this is not crystal clear, but with a little practice, it can be done quickly.
Betty

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:22 pm

pollyanne

Here is a link to a Tip that Lisa posted with pictures about adding color stops to a design which is what Betty has given directions to you to do so you can remove part of a design.
Perhaps reading it will help you too!

http://embrilliance.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=414

This is in the Tip section in the Essentials part of the forum.
EastWitch2

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:08 am

Thanks so much EastWitch2 for the link. Before responding, I searched the Tips section, but could not find that section even though I believed that I had seen it. I did not have time for a thorough explanation and I'm so happy that you posted the pictures to clarify.
Betty

pollyanne

Post by pollyanne » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:53 am

Thanks MacStitch & EastWitch2, it works great :D