Words Created in Essentials to Dense

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
Sheddah

Words Created in Essentials to Dense

Post by Sheddah » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:04 pm

I have created patterns in essentials using the included fonts. The resulting patterns are much too dense when decreased to fit a 4x4 hoop. There is knotting on the back of the design and built up thread. I can't tell prior to stitching the pattern that this is going to be the result. Why doesn't the density automatically adjust?

MacStitch

Re: Words Created in Essentials to Dense

Post by MacStitch » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:06 pm

The density does adjust automatically. Also, check your settings. When working with the letters, there is a stitch tab where you can choose underlay and extra stitches. Make sure that you haven't selected too many stitches that must be included. See the manual for more information. It is possible to resize without stitch recalculation, but you must hold down a key, I think the ctrl key, while resizing. Before stitching, turn off the 3D view and zoom in a little to inspect the density.
Betty

Sheddah

Post by Sheddah » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:25 am

Thanks. I have remove overlap stitches checked, but on these designs there were none. I inspected the stitches out of 3D mode and it looks too dense to me. Ok--I found the stitch tab and am playing around with it. Found the satin density adjustment and increased it from 4 to 7. Intuitively I would think that increasing the number would increase the density, but it actually decreases it. I'll stitch it out again and see. This just might do it. :-)

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:13 pm

Make sure that you look at the underlay, also. If satin underlay is checked, you probably want to uncheck it. The density is how close stitches are to each other. The higher number means farther apart, therefore, less dense.
Betty

Sheddah

Post by Sheddah » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:19 am

I'll try that if it's still too dense after the adjustments I already made. Thanks again!
Winifred