Saving downloaded files on Mac

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
Felicia

Saving downloaded files on Mac

Post by Felicia » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:51 pm

Could someone please help. I purchased a embroidery design, downloaded the zip file to my mac, but I am unable to save it? Does the seller need to send it to me in a different format? I am very new to embroidery, I have a Brother PE770.
Many thanks in advance!

MacStitch

Re: Saving downloaded files on Mac

Post by MacStitch » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:32 pm

I don't understand the 'unable to save it.' Did you unzip the file? All you do on a Mac is double-click the zip and it will open a folder with the designs in it. They will be on your hard drive, initially in your Downloads folder. To get the file to the flash drive for your PE770, open it in Embrilliance. The PE770 uses the .pes file format. When you are finished editing, should you desire to, go to File 'Save Stitch File As' and in the dialog box, locate your flash drive and click save. Eject the flash drive from your computer by either dragging it to the Trash icon or right-clicking and choosing Eject. It is now ready to be taken to the PE770. If this does not help, please clarify your question.
Happy Stitching,
Betty

EastWitch2

Re: Saving downloaded files on Mac

Post by EastWitch2 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:54 pm

Felicia

Are you having trouble saving the Zip File to your computer or to your machine?
A zip file sent from a digitizer contains the designs in one or more stitch file formats.
Your machine can only use a pes stitch format which should show up in the zipped file.

In Essentials use the Merge Stitch file icon on the Top Tool bar, it is the last icon on the left.
This opens a window so you can find your design files on your computer where you origianlly saved the design zip files

If the file is a zip file Essentials will open the zip and show you the designs in the zip file.
Usually the designs withiin the zip file are in different machine stitch file formats such as pes, hus, jef etc..

Click on the design in your machine format which is pes.
Click on Import at the top of the open window and your design will show up on the working window of Essentials.

To save a design to your USB stick for your machine you should use the Save Stitch File as option which can be found by Clicking on the word File on the left at the top of the open Essentials working page

Put your USB stitck in your computer first.
When you use the Save Stitch File AS option this will open up a window where you should see your the drive that the USB stitck in on your computer.
Click on it and save the design to the USB Stick.

Or if your machine is plugged directly into your computer you should see a drive that is your machine and save the design to it.

Let us know if you need more help.
EastWitch2