EE Video Tutorials

Nice things people are saying!
sandimacd

EE Video Tutorials

Post by sandimacd » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:13 pm

I just wanted to give a big thanks to Lindee G, TLC Inspirations, dgzns, BriTronLeap, LisaSewBubbles for the You Tube videos. I used it in early 2011 but as a novice to embroidery I really struggled with the Manual and needed much help through this forum. I had no dealer near to me in MT so I had to learn my machines plus embroidery and all the components by reading manuals. I moved and resettled and life is falling into place and allowing me to pickup sewing and embroidery again. Today I spent hours pouring through the Manual, Help Menu and stumbled on the You Tube Videos.
WOW! Suddenly things are so clear and I am putting it all together. I wish there were more videos that covered all the features, especially on the Mac OS but what I found was a great start.
Instead of 2-3 hours of merging designs, after watching You Tube, I compiled 6 designs and 5 words in various fonts in less than 30 minutes! It is really cool to be able to do this.
I am a Member of Pattern Review and see many postings from novice embroiderers, using Macs and searching for software. I hope you will consider more video tutorials because I think that is what is going to drive new customers to your product. It is a very sophisticated product and I think the Manual is written far above what a newbie to embroidery will understand. Terms like Objects and Stitch files and locking functions, etc. If they only knew the features offered they would see the true value and feel confident in their purchase.
I still have tons of questions but at least now I know how to ask :lol: them.
embroidery on Mac OSX has opened up a new world to me...

LisaSewBubbles

Re: EE Video Tutorials

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:02 am

Hi Sandi!

Thanks for the compliments on our videos! Yes we have put a plan into motion to start adding videos on a regular basis. As you probably notices we have two new ones on our new feature pack, AlphaTricks.

Thank you for taking the time to write in your ideas on how we can help our users with videos. I'm a novice myself on the Mac (I've named mine Melvin) -- and I have the software to create a video on Melvin but I'm nervous about taking the plunge myself with new software :-) Unlike Essentials, where the programs look very similar between the operating systems, the company I purchased my video software has two completely different interfaces between the two! Talk about intimidating! So I completely relate to being a novice :-) BUT it is on my list to just take the plunge and just do it!

ANYWAY, didn't mean to go off track there LOL I did want to say thanks for the nice compliments and if you have any suggestions for videos, please let us know! Of course we have a LONG to do list for the topics, but we have no real set agenda at this time. So why not suggest!

Have a great day!!
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

sandimacd

Re: EE Video Tutorials

Post by sandimacd » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:13 am

Hi Lisa- I just visited your blog today and was so impressed to find 15 videos about Essentials that auto played! I went to You Tube before your blog and searched and was unimpressed with the results- time consuming to sort through. I was trying to learn how to use my endless hoop on the Ellisimo but instead found yours about the wine glass and those lines that mark placement which then brought me to your blog about Essentials and then back to this forum.

I hesitate to buy more modules when I can't even figure out the one I have! I learned about the merge icon from your video which I didn't know about. I have spent a lot of time opening files and they go into a new Design Page and then I have to copy, cut and paste them into the initial Design Page. So thanks! Another thing I learned is that the color window is not supposed to do anything. I never could get it to do anything and did not know why. Now I know I can cut out parts using the Object Tree and I can group and ungroup them there! The Object Tree has always been a stumbling block for me. The manual is written to assume you know what it is and does which is not too helpful for newbies. Since I did not understand it, I never really played around with it which really limited what I could do with the menu icons. Now I understand that the Object Tree is really REQUIRED to do editing and can't be ignored! We started a thread dedicated to Essentials Embrilliance on PatternReview.com and I am going to link to your blog so others can find the videos.

It is really helpful to see the features of the other add-ons- I think I want to try Alpha Tricks next. But I never would have wanted to buy it if I had not seen your video about what it does and how. It is one thing to read about a product on a web page and quite another to see a video of it in action. As I get back into embroidery I will try to keep track of my questions and let you know if a particular video on a topic would help.

I am catching up with this forum and thanks to your videos I learned about the Digest feature so I enabled that. You write very clear and helpful responses and your voice is easy to listen to with words clear articulated. You have really turned around my impression of this product and I am looking forward to what I can do with it.

I am a Craftsy user- congrats on your first embroidery class!! I hope you consider doing a Craftsy class on Embrilliance that goes over the entire software from start to finish!
embroidery on Mac OSX has opened up a new world to me...