AlphaTricks

Nice things people are saying!
MacStitch

AlphaTricks

Post by MacStitch » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:40 pm

I just purchased AlphaTricks this morning. I debated on the purchase since it is so easy to drag letters onto the screen from a folder in icon view. (I found this method easier than using the import function and having to change order and copy and paste for duplicate letters.) However, AlphaTricks changes all that. I have right at 900 fonts, most with 3 or more sizes, so there's no way that I would import them all. There's a limit to how many you can comfortably scroll through in the menu. I chose 30 of my favorites and had so much fun importing that I ended up with 61 imported. And, the menu is still manageable. I did not choose appliqué fonts or anything larger than 2". The import process is quick, easy, and fun. It took less than a minute to import each since my fonts are already well organized and in alphabetical order. I used to create several documents, lining up letters in each one before deciding which font I liked best. Now, I just type the name or saying and click through the menu until the best one pops up. Quick and fun! And, if I want to use a font that I have not imported, it is faster to import it with AlphaTricks and delete it afterwards than my old way. I also found it very easy to pull up a font already imported, tweak the up and down alignment, and save it again.
Thanks for a great program addition!
If any of you are on the fence trying to decide whether or not to purchase, or have any questions, I'd be glad to answer. You may post here or send me a pm. And no, I am in no way affiliated with the creators of the Embrilliance.
Betty

Added note. As of now, I have 103 added fonts. They all are very easy to choose from the menu and so far the amount of choices for a name does not seem to be overwhelming.

quiltladylkt

Re: AlphaTricks

Post by quiltladylkt » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:57 pm

I am a newbie to the software but have been embroidering for sometime. I have had to take a break from the software for awhile and am getting back into it again. Having a hard time figuring out the alpha tricks. Don't know if I am just stupid or what but if you could point me in the right direction I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks so much!

EastWitch2

Re: AlphaTricks

Post by EastWitch2 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:22 pm

quiltladylkt wrote:I am a newbie to the software but have been embroidering for sometime. I have had to take a break from the software for awhile and am getting back into it again. Having a hard time figuring out the alpha tricks. Don't know if I am just stupid or what but if you could point me in the right direction I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks so much!
Hi Quiltladylkt
You could try watching the Videos that show how Alpha Tricks works.
Here is the links to the videos for Alpha Tricks
3 Videos atthis link
http://embrilliance.com/videos

I Video at this link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLhNNr63qwM

You can also read through the Tips and Techniques for Alpha Tricks and through the Questions that have been asked by other members here on the Forum in the Section entitled Alpha Tricks.
You can also post any Questions you have about how to use Alpha Tricks or any problems you are having with the program in the Members Question Section there too.

Here is the direct link to the Alpha Tricks Section on our Forum.
http://www.embrilliance.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=20

Also check to make sure you have the latest update version 1.122 for Alpha Tricks.

To find the version you have now when you have Alpha Tricks open look under Help at the top of the open Alpha Tricks program and then clck on About and it will tell you what version you are currently running.

You can download the latest Version 1.122 at the link below if you need to up date your Alpha Tricks program.
http://embrilliance.com/downloads

After you go through all the information on the Forum and are still having problems please post your specific questions in the Members Question Section and we will try and help you.

EastWitch2