Punctuation

Answers to FAQs regarding the installation of Fonts.
dsbhbb

Punctuation

Post by dsbhbb » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:23 pm

I am new to embroidery. Why don't all fonts come with some punctuation? Especially the period! Is there a workaround or some way to add a period to a font that does not include punctuation? This is limiting my choices to embroider my school name!

EastWitch2

Re: Punctuation

Post by EastWitch2 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:54 am

Hi dsbhbb!

If you have Essentials with or with out Font Collection 1 you can easily use the punctuation from any of the Built in Fonts or Fonts in the Font 1 package for Essentials to add punctuation to any name or text you make with a font that doesn't include punctuation,
Most of the Built in Fonts in Essentials and the Fonts in Font Pack 1 have punctuation included in them.

For example we will use the name ST. PAT SCHOOL

In Essentials create the letters first for the ST in the font that you want the name to be in.

Then use the create letters button again and type your period and then choose one of the Built in Fonts or a font from Font Pack 1 that has punctuation and use it for the period.

Then click on create letters again and do the lettering PAT SCHOOL in the same font you chose for the ST

This gives you 3 objects that make the whole name and when saved as a stitch file for your machine it will stitch out as one design.

EastWitch2