Lassoing and cutting/moving pieces of a single design

If you want to request features, this is where you do it.
PatriciaBB

Lassoing and cutting/moving pieces of a single design

Post by PatriciaBB » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:15 pm

I've just moved from windows to mac. I do a lot of sewing (quilting & embroidery) and photography and the mac just does things better imho. I have just upgraded to Lion OS and have picked up Parallels to run my 'must have' software. (EQ7 & Husqvarna 3D/4D modules). I'm back in business with EQ7 but before loading the Husq apps (I dread doing it because I had problems with the dongle) I searched for alternatives.

I picked up the Thumbnailer mac app and am really happy with it. It's much better than what I was using before. I was hoping that Essentials would handle the majority of my embroidery needs and I liked what I read about it and the potential so I purchased a copy from the mac store and have just updated to the latest version.

There is only one thing Essentials is missing for me and that's the ability to lasso and cut out or move pieces of a design which I do a lot of. I'm not interested in digitizing, I have digitizing software and I seldom use it. However I very often buy a design and remove pieces or tweak the location of elements within the design and that so far is the only thing I miss. It would be nice to be able to either lasso and create a new object, or even just create a new object from a select color would work...

Mac

Re: Lassoing and cutting/moving pieces of a single design

Post by Mac » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:13 pm

You are reading our mind! We would like to deliver stitch editing in the near future.
Mac embroidery software "For The Rest Of Us!"

Lee

Post by Lee » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:52 am

I agree with this post. I just purchased Essentials and have been trying to use it instead of booting into Windows. So far, it's good if I just want to use a design "as is", resize, or add text. But, it's a stopper if you want to add or delete parts of a design. I'd love to see the ability to lasso and split the design into parts and thereby use only the parts I want. Hope you can do this soon.
Thanks, Lee

Jackie Parr

Post by Jackie Parr » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:35 am

I have not had problems removing parts of a design. But don't believe you can add to one except by merging.

Pyri2d

Post by Pyri2d » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:06 pm

I found Embrilliance essentials in the last week . . . my former embroidery program, windows based is an oldie and limping along, doubt the dongle nor aged computer will last but I do love the ability to split/cut and lasso designs. Is that ability in the near future? Many of the 'name brands' also feature a design/split and merge that I have used on friends software. Just another vote, to add to the wish list of the developers. Thanks!

LindaV

Post by LindaV » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:43 pm

Please Please Please add this feature. As far as I can see it is the only major tool missing. I have been using the Designers Gallery software that you developed and while it was good, it was also expensive and did not work on my mac. I had to use it on a netbook I purchased for that purpose. After my home was broken into and my macbook and netbook were stolen I purchased a new macbook and fusion to run a virtual machine. It was so slow...I mean really slow! May have been user error as I am not a computer expert, but I don't want to deal with that and did not want to mess up my macbook. I found EE and I am thrilled and waiting for new features. I would love to see the "Lasso" be the next item to be added!! I requested to get a refund when I first tried EE as I did not see a way to delete or lasso. I have discovered that I can delete colors on object tree and also do some manipulating with the simulator by adding color stops in certain sections. This is very cumbersome and still does not do what we need. Perhaps a video on do this would be helpful until you have this feature. I want to stay with EE and know others who want to purchase when more tools are added....spit design and lasso for the most part.
Thank you and Happy New Year!

Kat

Deleting from the tree

Post by Kat » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:41 pm

I've had my Essentials over a year now and find that my favorite use of it is to size. Once I upgrade my Babylock-Brother, I won't need Essentials even for that. Hopefully you will put some real effort into creating a better way to rope off and separate parts of designs so they can be manipulated. Doing this would make the program much more useful. Kat

jerryk

Post by jerryk » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:17 pm

We are also new (just got EE yesterday) Wondering when art created with a Bamboo Tablet and stylus could be dropped into and merged in EE? is that not similar to lassoing?

Lucee

Post by Lucee » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:05 pm

This is another feature I use a lot in Embird and would love love love to be able to do this without going to Windohs!
I find working in windows frustrating. I don't digitized but I do mess around modifying designs by deleting and adding bits and pieces. Is there any light at the end of the tunnel for us Mac users to finally have an embroidery editor which does precise editing?

The Sewing Room

Post by The Sewing Room » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:09 pm

Can someone explain what Lassoing and cutting is? I'm new to machine embroidery, but do have the Embrilliance software and Alpha Tricks and love them both. Thanks for trying to explain something to a newbie.