ability to select mulitple individual letters

If you want to request features, this is where you do it.
Janay

ability to select mulitple individual letters

Post by Janay » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:09 pm

When creating a lettering object, I know we can drag around individual letters and change the colors of individual letters, but I would love to be able to select multiple letters within a lettering object by holding the CTRL key. For example, if I wanted to alternate the color of letters in the name ANNALIESE, being able to use CTRL to select N, A, I, S and all at once changing them to a second color would be awesome!

Instead of picking up individual letters and positioning them so they appear to be aligned on left/right/top/bottom/center depending on the situation, it would be nice to again use CTRL to select a few individual letters and use the align feature to do it exactly, all within the same lettering object.

Thanks for your consideration! :D

Kgal

Re: ability to select mulitple individual letters

Post by Kgal » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:12 pm

I concur with this suggestion! Would be most helpful!

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:28 pm

Janay wrote:When creating a lettering object, I know we can drag around individual letters and change the colors of individual letters, but I would love to be able to select multiple letters within a lettering object by holding the CTRL key. For example, if I wanted to alternate the color of letters in the name ANNALIESE, being able to use CTRL to select N, A, I, S and all at once changing them to a second color would be awesome!

Instead of picking up individual letters and positioning them so they appear to be aligned on left/right/top/bottom/center depending on the situation, it would be nice to again use CTRL to select a few individual letters and use the align feature to do it exactly, all within the same lettering object.

Thanks for your consideration! :D
Hi Janay!
For a name such as you are suggesting you can bring in each letter as an individual object then you can select the letters you want to change the color of by holding down the Control Key and clicking on each of those letters in the Object Pane and then change the color by clicking on the Color Chip and change the color for all the letters you just selected.

You can also select several letters in the Objects Pane and move or align them this way too.
Hold the Control Key down and click on the letters in the Objects Paner and this will put a box around the letters in the working window and then you can move them.

You just have to bring the letters into the working window first as individual objects.

Does this work for you?

EastWitch2

Janay

Post by Janay » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:11 am

EastWitch2 wrote: Hi Janay!
For a name such as you are suggesting you can bring in each letter as an individual object then you can select the letters you want to change the color of by holding down the Control Key and clicking on each of those letters in the Object Pane and then change the color by clicking on the Color Chip and change the color for all the letters you just selected.

You can also select several letters in the Objects Pane and move or align them this way too.
Hold the Control Key down and click on the letters in the Objects Paner and this will put a box around the letters in the working window and then you can move them.

You just have to bring the letters into the working window first as individual objects.

Does this work for you?

EastWitch2
I know I can do it that way, but then I'm not getting to use the snazzy time-saving feature of typing it. ;) If it's a long multi-word phrase I wouldn't love merging that letter by letter, which is what I'm used to do in Embird.
Right now my work around is typing phrase in Embrilliance, saving file, opening in Embird, separating all items so letters are individual and using the coloring/aligning tools there. I would love the convenience of doing it all in Embrilliance. :D
So either being able to select multiple letters at a time, or break them into individual objects with a click of a button would be awesome.

Kind of related to that...
I'm trying to swap out the dot of the "i" with a heart. I have watched it in Stitch Simulator, added color stops and changed the color of the dot, but I cannot figure out how to delete the dot. This works with other design objects, but doesn't see to work with a lettering object.
AilynnDot.jpg
AilynnDot.jpg (94.74 KiB) Viewed 3314 times

Janet Knoblock

Post by Janet Knoblock » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:28 am

I was able to replace the dotted I with a heart. isolate the dot in stitch simulator change color delete it and import heart design and place it properly. I don’t see how to just put image in this response...

download/file.php?mode=view&id=423
Attachments
heart dot i.png
heart dot i.png (26.82 KiB) Viewed 445 times