Changing Colours in Essentials

Get the most out of your software! Here we'll try to add useful tips regarding Essentials features.
CDM

Changing Colours in Essentials

Post by CDM » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:18 am

Hi everyone:

I'm still in my learning curve with Essentials. I'm making a frame for a quilt label, so I've selected a design, duplicated and placed it in the 4 corners with text centred in those.
This corner design is composed of 4 colours that I want to reduce to 2, having the "background" all one colour rather than 3 different elements.
Is there a way to select Colour 1 in all 4 designs at once and change?
I'm sure it's a simple solution, but I can't find it in the help section or videos.
Thanks !
Cathy

EastWitch2

Re: Changing Colours in Essentials

Post by EastWitch2 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:50 pm

Cathy
You say your designs for the corners has 4 colors for each.
This means your 4 corners have a total of 4x4 colors for a total of 16 colors.
Is this correct?

When you look at the Objects Pane on the right you should be seeing 4 designs plus your text design.

If you click on the Plus Sign in front of each of the corner design names in the Objects Pane.
You should see 4 elements that make up each of the corner design.
And each of those elements should be a different color which gives you the 4 colors for each corner design
Is this correct so far?

You say you want to reduce the 4 colors to 2 colors for each corner design.
So the 2 colors you want to change would be the same color as one of the other colors in the design you do not want to change.
Is this correct?

I am not clear about what you mean by 3 elements could you explain this more to us?

EastWitch2