Status Bar information for a design

Get the most out of your software! Here we'll try to add useful tips regarding Essentials features.
LisaSewBubbles

Status Bar information for a design

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:28 am

design info.png
design info.png (183.45 KiB) Viewed 2628 times
Looking at the Object pane on the Right Hand Side (RHS), you will notice that the design page is made up of more than one "object". I have merged designs and added lettering to the design page to create a unique layout for my project.

The bottom status bar of Essentials will show you some useful information about the design OR current selection.

The hoop that is selected and displayed as a reference on the design page is shown here.

Next you see the dimensions of the current selection - if you have the entire design selected (Edit > Select All) you will see the dimensions of the design.

NOTE: to quickly switch your measurement unit, use the radio button on the LHS of the menu button bar at the top!

Next is the number of selected stitches

The last information presented on the current selection is the number of unique thread colors/color breaks. In this example there will be 17 different colors but you will need to change the thread 39 times on a single needle machine.

So just a quick recap -- I am adding this information since we are getting the question often in tech support - the following picture of Embrilliance shows you the size of your selection as well as the hoop.
Design size.jpg
Design size.jpg (63.42 KiB) Viewed 2233 times
Embroidery is best done in metric because a 4" square design will not fit in most of our 4x4 hoops - inches is not accurate enough and who wants to go out 2 or more decimal points to be accurate? if your design is .01mm too big it will not stitch in your machine -- for those that like inches, that's 0.000393701inches -- seriously metric is easier to remember :-)

We know that most people like inches but you want to make sure your design fits, right? Use the measurement radio button to quickly switch to metric, check the dimensions, and go back.
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

OhioWaterLily

Re: Status Bar information for a design

Post by OhioWaterLily » Mon May 06, 2013 9:45 pm

Super helpful info, thanks!