Adding information to hoops

Get the most out of your software! Here we'll try to add useful tips regarding Essentials features.
LisaSewBubbles

Adding information to hoops

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Tue May 07, 2013 3:20 pm

Machine embroidery is based on metric but most people like to use inches. It really doesn't work in embroidery - take the hoop sizes for example. Every brand of machine, every format has a 5x7 hoop and none of them are the same size AND none of them are actually 5x7! The Brother 5x7 is actually 130mm x 180mm and the Janome 5x7 is 140mm x 200mm. And some models within a brand may have different hoops for the same name - two different sized 4x4 hoops both in the same format -- talk about confusing!!

This is why the hoops in Essentials are shown in metric in the hoop properties box.
Edit hoop name.png
Edit hoop name.png (108.48 KiB) Viewed 4479 times
You will notice that in the Properties dialog there is an Edit and Delete button. YES you can delete hoops that you do not own but then if you ever got that hoop you would have to add it back.

You can also choose to Edit the hoop and change the information that is displayed. For example, I added 4x4 to the 100x100 hoop and 5x7 for the 130x180 hoop - this way I can pick them out easily from the list of hoops.
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

BKM31005

Re: Adding information to hoops

Post by BKM31005 » Wed May 22, 2013 6:31 pm

Great! This is helpful to know - thank you!

sewgirl4

Post by sewgirl4 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:27 am

Hi team
I read the info about editing the details of the hoops. I tried to add 8x8 beside the 200x 200 hoop. I chose edit, added the new text, clicked apply, clicked OK to finish. Then I went back to check and add more, and my newly added text was back to the default. Any ideas???

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:41 am

Hello Sewgirl4!

Just to let you know - the official tech support doesn't monitor this board that closely. As you may see, many of the answers posted are by other consumers who are enjoying the program! So for technical help, be sure to click on the Contact Us link and fill out a support ticket so that you get the help you need.

BUT, a couple things you can check AND include in your request for help is your operating system. Are you running Windows or a Mac? I know with Windows you should be logged in as an admin user -- not restricted. Sometimes this can cause system files to not be updated.

Next did you check to see if the comment was there but just not showing? I had put in spaces at the end and the information was there, just not displayed on the screen.
hoops.jpg
hoops.jpg (108.65 KiB) Viewed 3840 times
One thing you can do -- is put the info at the start of the name.

Another is to DELETE the hoops that don't work on your machine! You can always add them back by clicking on the Default button, but if you don't have the PR-1000 Jumbo hoop why do you need to see it?

If this does not help - I know tech support can figure it out if you use the Contact Us link at the top of the page!

Have a GREAT day!!
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!