sewing sequence object view

Get the most out of your software! Here we'll try to add useful tips regarding Essentials features.
chellehollis

sewing sequence object view

Post by chellehollis » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:47 am

I am new and just purchased the software I am use to using custom works on a pc, now I am using a mac with essentials. My question is on the property page I can see the thread listings but I am not sure when in the design the thread is for. Is there a way to display the thread view of the design that I am working one. For example the first thread is green looks like it might be for the hair but I am not seeing it on the display picture.

EastWitch2

Re: sewing sequence object view

Post by EastWitch2 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:10 pm

Hi chellehollis!

As far as I can see there are 2 ways that you can see what colors the different sections of the design are.

The first way is to bring in the design into Essentials working window.

Then look at the right side of the page in the top Section called the Objects Pane.

There you should see a smal picture of your design with its name or number.
On the left side of it you should see a Plus Sign like this +[./b]
Click on the Plus sign - +.
This should then show you the different sections of the design and their colors in the order they stitch out in.

The second way would be to watch the design stitch out using the Stitch Simulator.
You can check the Manual for Essentials or click on Help when in the program to see how to use the Stitch simulator controls.

Let us know if all your colors of the design you are working with show up using either of these 2 methods.

Is your design a regular embroidery design or is it an Applique embroidery design?

Do you have a Color Chart for the design you are working with from the Digitizer that created the design/s you are working with?

Often the Color Chart will state what Brand of Thread they used for the design.
The Color Chart will also show you which colors to use for each color section of the design starting with the first color in the design.
They are usually just shown as color 1, color 2, color 3 etc. with what ever color they are.
Sometimes the color chart will state which part of the design is done in each color such as hair, face, outline etc.

You could just follow the Color Chart from the digitizer when you stitch the design.

Embrilliance Essentails shows the colors for a design in the order that the design stitches out in.
The colors are in the Brand of Thread the digitizer used for the design.

EastWitch2

The Sewing Room

Post by The Sewing Room » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:52 pm

I am making a design using 2 different designs. The first design shows in the object view. The second design shows up in the object view as number 2, but when it goes to the file (dst) file so I can transfer it to stitch it on my machine, the second design shows in the object view, but it is just added to design 1. How can I separate these 2 designs in the stitch file, so I know where I am at when stitching. Thanks.

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:18 am

The reason you see two design objects in Essentials is that you are using the working file - the BE file - which keeps this information for you. This is why you can open a BE file 3 months later and move design objects around, resize them (even if they have already been resized!) and save the stitch file again just like you had started from scratch with importing the two designs.

The DST format is a stitch format that the machine reads. All it has is commands for where the needle puts stitches in the fabric and when to stop to change colors.

Have you printed the color change sheet? This is a handy way to keep track of where you are and cross off as you go along. It should be set to print along with the actual size template, but if it doesn't print for you, go to the Printing preferences and make sure the options to print what you wish are chosen.

Hope this helps!
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

ajkoontz

Post by ajkoontz » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:41 am

I understand the difference between the .be (working file) and my machine file (.pes). Where I am seeing problems is that once I save my final file as machine and working, when I load my .pes to my machine, it does not have all of the proper steps that my working file has. When I use the stitch simulator on my .pes file, it also shows that steps are missing. It is driving me crazy because I can't get merged files to transfer to my machine properly. I'm attaching screen shots of my issue.

PLEASE HELP!
Ashleigh
Attachments
Screen shot 2014-03-19 at 10.35.20 AM.png
Working File. This is where all of my objects are laid out properly. They are just not being transferred to the machine file in this same order. :(
Screen shot 2014-03-19 at 10.35.20 AM.png (249.25 KiB) Viewed 3931 times
Screen shot 2014-03-19 at 10.34.13 AM.png
Machine PES File. See where in the object pulldown menu, 1:1 and 1:2 are supposed to be my outline and tackdown stitches for the applique, but they are hardly even showing up. The rest of the design is fine.
Screen shot 2014-03-19 at 10.34.13 AM.png (253.83 KiB) Viewed 3931 times

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:11 pm

ajkoontz

What embroidery machine do you have and how do you load your designs to your machine (via USB stick or or cable)?

Are you using a Mac computer or a Windows computer?

Are you trying to save the design directly to your machine or USB stick or are you saving the design first to your computer and then transfering the design to the machine?

I don't know if this would solve your problem or not but it is worth trying.

Click on Edit at the top of the open working window.
Then click on Preferences in the Drop Down Menu.
Then click on Conversion

In the Conversion window make sure your format is pes and click on Force Version One

Then close out of the Window.

Try bringing in your Working File of the design and resave it again as a pes stitch file and then see if all the steps in the design show up in the pes stitch file when you bring the stitch file into Essentials and in the Sew Simulator.

EastWitch2

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:51 pm

You have to make sure that you have not assigned the same color to adjacent steps. The pes file will combine like adjacent colors into a single step. I think that is what is happening to you. In the .be file, change to a slightly different shade of the colors you want if you have, for instance, two identical reds in a row.
Hope this helps,
Betty