What -Using Lower Case Letters in A Monogram??

Get the most out of your software! Here we'll try to add useful tips regarding Essentials features.
EastWitch2

What -Using Lower Case Letters in A Monogram??

Post by EastWitch2 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:13 pm

Hi Everyone!

I received a post from Designs in Machine Embroidery today and in it was a link to Ellen Roche's Machine Embroidery Blog talking about use of Lower Case Letters in Monogram designs.

Thought you might want to read through it and perhaps share your comments and thoughts here on the Forum.
Is this something you find appealing for all ages or do you think it may only appeal to the younger generation?

Here is the link to Ellen's Blog.
http://dzgns.com/blog/2013/10/whats-wit ... monograms/

EastWitch2

jodieth

Re: What -Using Lower Case Letters in A Monogram??

Post by jodieth » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:43 pm

I recently ran across this dilemma while working with a customer on a monogram or single initial on napkins. The capitals did not look good on each side of last name initial but the small initials did. This was the particular font she had picked out. Since neither of us was sure on proper etiquette we decided on single initial. I love the look of small initial with capital last name. I like things a little different. I think her towel turned out great and masculine looking with first and middle initial small on one side and Capital last initial on right. :D

GayleK

Post by GayleK » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:57 pm

Thanks for the link. I like the look also. Will check out what my teenager grandchildren think!

Janome9900

Post by Janome9900 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:12 am

With the multiple names people feel the need to use to identify themselves, monograming has become more challenging. Seems like anything goes .... (The trend for women to use EVERY last name they ever possessed comes to mind...esp on FAcebook. Silly, IMHO)

Sandy

Janome9900

Post by Janome9900 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:19 am

I meant to add, I love the combo of uppercase and lower case letters, stacking, etc. Fresh, modern. I just monogramed a tote bag for a gift...unfortunately, i could not "convince" the gift-giver to use the new stacked idea. We used the 3-letter diamond mono. Nice, boring, old school. Sigh.

Sandy