New Video - Remove Hidden Stitches Applique

Get the most out of your software! Here we'll try to add useful tips regarding Essentials features.
EastWitch2

New Video - Remove Hidden Stitches Applique

Post by EastWitch2 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:37 pm

April 17, 2014

Lisa just released a new Video demostrating how to remove hidden stitches in overlapping Appliques Designs using the new updated Version 1.127 of Embrilliance Essentials.

You can watch the new video - Remove Hidden Stitches Applique - at the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jy7bfWm3Cg

Don't forget to download the new 1.127 Update for Essentials!

Thank You Lisa For The New Video!
These Videos are wonderful learning tools. ;) ;) ;)

Happy Easter Lisa!

EastWitch2

BvilleCBH

Re: New Video - Remove Hidden Stitches Applique

Post by BvilleCBH » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:00 pm

I have downloaded the update. I have a MacBook Air. I'm having several issues that go along with this. The last couple of days I can begin a design, and lets say add multiple letters or appliqués. I close it and come back to it later. Now, when I open the "be" file, everything is considered one image and color changes are not as I left them. I have to open the PES version and delete the "be" version altogether. I just started using Embrilliance, so I don't know if I have changed a setting I shouldn't have. To go hand in hand, on another project I am combining two appliqués. I am having the trouble with it merging everything (if even did it in the PES version this time), but also I cannot "right-click" on the color thread for the outline to set that like in your video. I have tried the second stitch with the same results. It just brings up thread color window asking me to change the color. Now, I have to start from scratch because it is merging all the things I'm trying to do. So frustrating!

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:14 pm

Sorry you are having trouble - I hope that you have opened a support ticket using the Contact Us link above.
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:01 pm

BvilleCBH wrote:I have downloaded the update. I have a MacBook Air. I'm having several issues that go along with this. The last couple of days I can begin a design, and lets say add multiple letters or appliqués. I close it and come back to it later. Now, when I open the "be" file, everything is considered one image and color changes are not as I left them. I have to open the PES version and delete the "be" version altogether. I just started using Embrilliance, so I don't know if I have changed a setting I shouldn't have. To go hand in hand, on another project I am combining two appliqués. I am having the trouble with it merging everything (if even did it in the PES version this time), but also I cannot "right-click" on the color thread for the outline to set that like in your video. I have tried the second stitch with the same results. It just brings up thread color window asking me to change the color. Now, I have to start from scratch because it is merging all the things I'm trying to do. So frustrating!
Hi, I am a Mac user also. I haven't done anything in Embrilliance since the update, but I just looked at it after seeing your post. There now is a bug with the working file. The .be file is acting just like a stitch file. It is no more editable than the .pes file. However, I can right click and get the appliqué choices. You still can move things around by clicking an object in the object tree. You also can choose Edit - ungroup to be able to click on individual parts and move them around. But this has always been the case with a pes file. I'm just mentioning this so that you can do some editing while you are waiting for a fix. However, the added text is a problem. It is no longer editable after the file is closed. I'll open a support ticket on this. You should do so also.
Betty

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:00 pm

I just discovered more information. If you double-click the BE file, you do not get incorrect colors and not really a working file. If you do a File - Open and locate the BE file, it works as it should. I still can't duplicate the problem with the new appliqué feature. Please don't feel insulted with this question, but are you sure that you are right-clicking. Sometimes on a laptop that can be a little tricky.
I sent this new information to Embrilliance Support. Meanwhile, try the File - Open and see if that works for you.
Betty

Ajello

Post by Ajello » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:46 pm

It works for me! I have no problem with both ways in openning my BE files. They are all good and still editable in all ways. I am on a Mac with the latest version too- though I got other buggy problems which Lisa is kindly helping me after I have open a support ticket!

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:42 am

Thanks for your input. Hopefully, we can get this all worked out. Are you running Mavericks on your Mac?
Betty

BvilleCBH

Post by BvilleCBH » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:55 am

I don't have a "right-click" button on my MacBook Air. You have to use "control" and click to bring up the functions that would be the same as "right-clicking" on a PC. I use Photoshop Elements and have had this particular Mac for 3 years.

As far as this editing issue, I'm still not sure why the thread color assigned would change under any circumstances. Can you explain why I choose specific thread colors, then open up the file later and they are now different? For example, I designed shirts for a Blueberry Festival. I added two individual blueberries and overlapped them then added the child's name underneath. I did 5 shirts altogether. Some .be & PES files have changed colors from the original. Some come up as designed. This is me going to the file I placed them in and double-clicking, which opens the file in Essentials. Having written that, I did your suggestion and opened Essentials first, then selected "Open" and the file came up as designed.

I have not upgraded to the new operating system.

BvilleCBH

Post by BvilleCBH » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:07 am

Also, when I "control-click" on the any of the individual stitches under Objects (for example: an appliqué number 3 has three stitches: positioning, appliqué, then satin) I get a small menu of "Move Earlier, Move Later, Move First, Move Last). I'm just trying to let you know that I do know how to "right-click" for my Mac and that function is available on other parts of the program. For some reason I am not getting the menu spoken of in the video to assign stitches (under the Color menu on the bottom). Which in turn, will allow the remove stitches function to work properly.

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:52 am

Do you have Enthusiast, alpha tricks, or other add ons installed? There's a lot of strange behavior here. I have an open ticket with Embrilliance Support. It would be good if you also go to 'Contact us' and report your issues if you have not done so already. They will get it straightened out.
Betty