New Video - Remove Hidden Stitches Applique

Get the most out of your software! Here we'll try to add useful tips regarding Essentials features.
BvilleCBH

Re: New Video - Remove Hidden Stitches Applique

Post by BvilleCBH » Thu May 01, 2014 10:15 am

I just opened the PES file. I clicked the arrow to see all the objects individually. The work "The" and "of" in silver was still complete. I could not detect and stitches removed. Also, I just noticed when opening the PES file that the two words I created in purple are grouped together on the object panel. I did not group them. It won't let me ungroup them. They are being treated as one object even though one is at the top of the design and the other is at the bottom. I noticed this in another project I did when I assigned the same color to "words" I created. Why is this happening automatically? I like for my objects to be separate in case I want to do more editing. I shouldn't have to change thread colors on my design so this won't automatically happen.

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Thu May 01, 2014 1:26 pm

When you use the same exact color on consecutive steps, the program automatically joins them upon saving, but only in the stitch file. The BE file is left as the original. If you do not want this to happen, change color slightly. If I want two red colors in a row, I just change to two very similar but different colors of red. Be careful when you want to edit a file to open the BE file. If you open the pes file and save it by clicking the little disk button at the top of the page it will overwrite the Be file as well taking away the editing capability unless you change its name. It's always a good idea to open the BE version of any previously saved file. For the Remove Hidden Stitches on text, you might want to use the Contact Us above and ask if this is the expected behavior.
Betty

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Thu May 01, 2014 2:29 pm

In order to see the stitches that have been removed you have to open your pes stich file in Essentials and then use the Zoom Slider to enlarge the design and hoop on screen.
Then click on the Stitch Simulator Icon at the top of the page.
Click on play and you should see where the stitches have been removed on the design that is on the bottom of the overlapped designs.

This works for any overlapped designs or letters or numbers to see where the stitches have been removed.

Your stitch count will be less for the pes stitch file than the stitch count of all the design objects in the be Working file.

You can comfirm this be using select all option in the working file and look at the bottom of the page at the total stitch count for the working file then compare that stitch count to the stitch count shown in your pes stitch file.

Any editing and color changes etc. have to be made using the working be file.

EastWitch2

Veronique DeKeyzer

Post by Veronique DeKeyzer » Wed May 14, 2014 10:38 am

I have a Mac with Essentials, Enthusiast and Density Repair Kit installed. I have now upgraded to the 1.128 current version and I am still unable to right click and obtain the box to remove hidden stitches by identifying the outline or applique fabric. I submitted a support ticket on 5/12/14 and received a reply to enable right-click in Mac preferences and install the latest 1.128 version. On 5/13/14, I downloaded and installed the 1.128 current version for a second time and have ensured secondary click is checked in my Mac preferences. I read where others had this problem, but I continue to have it even after updating the software so I'm wondering if others with a Mac are continuing to have this issue, as it does not appear this was fixed in the 1.128 current version.
Veronique DeKeyzer

Veronique DeKeyzer

Post by Veronique DeKeyzer » Thu May 15, 2014 3:53 pm

I am pleased to report the issue with applique right click on a Mac has been resolved. The Embrilliance techs are the best. Thank you.