New Video - Remove Hidden Stitches Applique

Get the most out of your software! Here we'll try to add useful tips regarding Essentials features.
MacStitch

Re: New Video - Remove Hidden Stitches Applique

Post by MacStitch » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:53 pm

BvilleCBH wrote:Also, when I "control-click" on the any of the individual stitches under Objects (for example: an appliqué number 3 has three stitches: positioning, appliqué, then satin) I get a small menu of "Move Earlier, Move Later, Move First, Move Last). I'm just trying to let you know that I do know how to "right-click" for my Mac and that function is available on other parts of the program. For some reason I am not getting the menu spoken of in the video to assign stitches (under the Color menu on the bottom). Which in turn, will allow the remove stitches function to work properly.
I just checked out the control - click on my Mac for the new appliqué feature and the control-click does not work. I get the same result as you. You should have a right - click on your pad on your laptop. Go to System Preferences and look at the choices for a secondary click. You can designate the lower right side of your track pad or you can designate use 2 fingers to right click. That should give you the Applique settings feature.
Betty

BvilleCBH

Post by BvilleCBH » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:41 pm

I do not. I only purchased this about a month ago and I'm obviously still learning. I have downloaded fonts from other sources and have to place each letter, line them up, group them like I want them, etc. That isn't a problem for me (except it is obviously more time consuming) because I'm used to using programs like Photoshop Elements and Corel Draw. Which makes this more frustrating that this simple function is not working for me. :(

BvilleCBH

Post by BvilleCBH » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:22 pm

I got it to work. I have not tried embroidering a shirt yet, but I will let you know how it turns out. Thank you for responding so often and so quickly!

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:00 am

I'm glad that you were successful. Hopefully, the Embrilliance team will fix the double-click and control-click issue in a future update.
Betty

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:18 am

There will be an update soon, perhaps even today that will fix the double-click opening of BE files. I just received that info in an e-mail from the Embrilliance team. So, be on lookout for an update.
Betty

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:21 pm

Hi Betty and Everyone!

After seeing the problems that all you Mac users are having with the new 1.127 update I thought I would test out the new Removing Applique Stitch feature on my Windows Vista 64 bit laptop.
Also tested the working be files and stitch files.

Glad to report everything works as it should on the 64 bit Vista Windows operating system.
I have Essentials, Enthusiast, Drk and Alpha Tricks.

Looking forward to hearing how the Embrilliance Team fixes your Mac problems!
I guess this is one time I am happy to have a Windows computer. LOL :lol: :lol:
EastWitch2

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:50 pm

Problem was fixed this evening with an update. All Mac owners please update. There were some glitches in the Windows as well - different ones. There's a 1.128 update for Windows out there as well. The Embrilliance support team is on the ball and has done a great job, and timely as well.
Betty

BvilleCBH

Post by BvilleCBH » Thu May 01, 2014 6:58 am

The update fixed my problem. Thank you so much. I have one other question regarding removing stitches, but not with applique. I have tried this two times and neither work as expected.

I bought a file with some words and an applique. I'm embroidering dark purple thread on a black shirt, so I copied and pasted two words and moved them slightly to give them a "shadow" effect. Silver is the bottom layer and purple is the top. I saved the file with the preference checked to remove stitches. I open the file back up (because I read it takes them out on the save) and ran the stitch simulator. In that, it still stitches out all the silver and places the purple on top. I get no indication that Essentials has recognized I have items on top of each other, and therefore removes the silver stitching I don't need. I also opened up a completely new file, used the lettering function to type "abc," copied and pasted, then moved slightly to create a shadow (just to test what I'm doing wrong). I checked my preferences and saved. I opened it back up, tried the simulator and it stitched out everything on the bottom for that file, too.

I'm obviously missing something since it seems to be so "easy." Apparently not so much for me!

Thanks,
Cat

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Thu May 01, 2014 7:29 am

I just ran a similar test. I found that some stitches got removed. I'll do some more experimenting. When you re-open the file, are you looking at the pes file or the BE file? Only the pes file will have the stitches removed. If you click on the bottom layer in the object tree, you can instantly see where stitches were removed - that's faster than the stitch simulator.
Betty

BvilleCBH

Post by BvilleCBH » Thu May 01, 2014 10:09 am

I will try to look at the .pes file. I'm curious as to why you only see it in that one, though. If I need to continue any work, shouldn't I be using the BE file?