Resizing Designs - various ways

Get the most out of your software! Here we'll try to add useful tips regarding Essentials features.
LisaSewBubbles

Resizing Designs - various ways

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:30 pm

Embrilliance Essentials allows you to resize designs in various ways. Unlike some other programs that require multiple steps to recalculate the stitches, Essentials ALWAYS recalculates UNLESS you hold the CTRL key down when dragging one of the sizing nodes. No need to worry about the number of stitches being recalculated to keep the original density - it just does it!

Here is the original design - note the size and number of stitches and the super easy to find measurment toggle!
original2.jpg
original2.jpg (199.81 KiB) Viewed 7380 times
The fastest way to size a design for your hoop is to use the Fit to Hoop function
Drag Nodes.jpg
Drag Nodes.jpg (224.99 KiB) Viewed 7380 times
Use your mouse to drag the corner nodes to resize the design. When you release the mouse button, your design is the new size!
Percent.jpg
Percent.jpg (213.18 KiB) Viewed 7380 times
If you know you want to make it a certain percentage bigger - type in the value and hit ENTER on your keyboard - poof done!
OneSized.jpg
OneSized.jpg (226.35 KiB) Viewed 7380 times
If you want the design size to only be changed in one direction - maybe it's just a little too tall or too short - unlock the keep ratio button, type in your value hit ENTER - SUPER SIMPLE!
Scale.jpg
Scale.jpg (257.64 KiB) Viewed 7380 times
And of course as I mentioned, if you on want to change the physical size of the design while maintaining the original density - simply hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard as you drag the nodes and you will scale your design

How easy was that?!
Attachments
Fit to Hoop.jpg
Fit to Hoop.jpg (205.9 KiB) Viewed 7380 times
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

mindyjoschmid

Re: Resizing Designs - various ways

Post by mindyjoschmid » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:20 am

Lisa,

I was looking for some help with the "Fit to Hoop" option, and wonder if you could answer a question. I have a design that is 6" x 6", and has a square stitched this size around the main design. I don't have a 6x6 hoop, so I want to use my 150mmx150mm hoop. I set that hoop in Embrilliance, pull up the design, and use "Fit to Hoop." All appears well, until I go to my machine (D1) and pull up the design there. Half of the outline is gone. Now only two sides are around main design, and two sides of box are missing. Do you know what could have caused this?

Thanks!

Melinda

EastWitch2

Re: Resizing Designs - various ways

Post by EastWitch2 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:31 pm

mindyjoschmid wrote:Lisa,

I was looking for some help with the "Fit to Hoop" option, and wonder if you could answer a question. I have a design that is 6" x 6", and has a square stitched this size around the main design. I don't have a 6x6 hoop, so I want to use my 150mmx150mm hoop. I set that hoop in Embrilliance, pull up the design, and use "Fit to Hoop." All appears well, until I go to my machine (D1) and pull up the design there. Half of the outline is gone. Now only two sides are around main design, and two sides of box are missing. Do you know what could have caused this?

Thanks!

Melinda

Hi Melinda!
Use this link below and fill in a Support Ticket so the Embrilliance Support Team can help you with this problem.
http://www.embrilliance.com/osticket/open.php
They will contact you.

EastWitch2