Font Mapping

Get the most out of your software!
Here we'll try to add useful tips regarding AlphaTricks features.
karosd42

Font Mapping

Post by karosd42 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:35 am

Do you have a trick for importing a font where several sizes are all together in one file? Several of the fonts (ok many) have, for example, 3-4-5" letters all in the same directory and when I import the file, it of course shows up with "aaa" all three being different sizes. How would I map that? or do I need to sort them into subfolders first where all the same size is in one folder and import each size that way? The ones I am thinking of are named in such a way that I will have to manually click on each and every design file to sort it to a different directory, not named in any way that I could have the computer sort them into a bactch then copy and move. Any help would be appreciated as I seem to have alot of these.

LisaSewBubbles

Re: Font Mapping

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:28 pm

This is how I have figured out how to work this problem - when the letters in the folder are grouped by letter not by size. This may also be used for mapping monogram fonts that are named something like A_left.pes, A_center.pes, A_right.pes then the Bs etc.

Resize the importing window so that all of the A's are on one line - in this picture these are a monogram set which has three A files.
AT_fonts more than one size in folder.png
When your folder contains more than one size of a particular font and are named so all A's are together then all B's etc
AT_fonts more than one size in folder.png (164.25 KiB) Viewed 3196 times
We are going to assume that there are 3 of each letter -- the trick doesn't work as well if there is punctuation or other wacky characters tossed in the middle of the alphabet.

Click on the first letter A, use the scroll bar to go to the bottom of the list hold down the shift key and and select the first letter Z. All the letters in the first column should be selected as shown here:
AT_fonts more than one size in folder Z.png
Select A in left column, scroll to bottom of list, hold down Shift key and select Z to select all the files in the first column
AT_fonts more than one size in folder Z.png (151.13 KiB) Viewed 3196 times
Choose Import and only these letters are listed.

Once you have mapped this size, save it, choose to import another font, select the second letter A, scroll to bottom and SHIFT select the second Z and only the files in the second column are selected.

Hope this helps!
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

BKM31005

Post by BKM31005 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:25 pm

Great idea!!! Thanks for all of your useful tips!

SBlank

Post by SBlank » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:17 pm

My letters do not show up all in a row like shown. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:46 am

SBlank wrote:My letters do not show up all in a row like shown. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Hi SBlank!

Do you mean your letters that you want to choose to import for mapping are not in a row or in order when you see them in the file?

You can use your Control key if using Windows or the Command Key if using a Mac to select the letters in Alphabetical order that you want to import.

For instance if the letters in the file are out of order or have numbers or punctuation mixed in with the letters so the letters are not all in order you click on the Upper Case A then Click on the Control Key/Command Key and hold it down and then click on the Upper Case B, C, D, E etc.. Once you have all the letters all highlighted that you want click on Import.

Then do the same with the lower case letters and numbers and punctuation. You can do this when you have more than 1 size of font in a file too as long as you can identify each size.

Follow the Video below for mapping.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4mhYYEoXFc

Does this help you?
EastWitch2