Larger Design with Font

Get the most out of your software!
Here we'll try to add useful tips regarding AlphaTricks features.
kristeenmarie

Larger Design with Font

Post by kristeenmarie » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:25 am

I purchased the Embrilliance Alpha Tricks and I'm finding it pretty easy to use so far.

However, I'm unable to figure out how to do a font design larger than 4x4. My sewing machine(Brother SE-400) only does 4x4 designs but I think there should be some way to export two files to use my larger hoops. Any feedback or tutorials on how I can do this would be very much appreciated.

Side note - I thought it might be as simple as going to the hoop size but I don't see the double hoops as an option. Am I not able to do this in Alpha Tricks?

Thanks!
The Newbie

EastWitch2

Re: Larger Design with Font

Post by EastWitch2 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:18 pm

Is the double hoop you refer to a multi position hoops for your machine that you move to the different positions?

You would need Embrilliance Essentials in order to split and save the larger design to stitch out in the multi position hoop.
There is a video at the link below showing how this is done in Essentials.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGP2aN78MGE

Do you have Essentials?
EastWitch2

kristeenmarie

Post by kristeenmarie » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:49 pm

Yes - I am referring to the multi position hoops.

If I order the Essentials software as well will I be able to use both the multi position hoops and Alpha Tricks?

Thanks,
Kristeen

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:00 pm

Yes you will have all the features you use in Alpha Tricks plus all the features that Essentials gives you.
Essentials also gives you several built in Alphabets that you can also use the lettering from to make text designs or monograms too.
At this link below you can read all about the features of Essentials.
http://embrilliance.com/embrilliance-essentials

EastWitch2

kristeenmarie

Post by kristeenmarie » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:15 pm

Thanks for your help. It looks like I need to make another purchase. :)

Should I not have purchased Alpha Tricks? Does Essentials come with the Alpha Tricks features?

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:34 pm

Alpha Tricks and Essentials is a really good combination to have.
No Essentials doesn't have the Alpha Tricks Features but both share certain features.

Essentials is a very good design editing program with lots of features but also allows you to make text designs with the 12 built in fonts.

Alpha Tricks is great if you have purchased or free downloaded Alphabets designs in stitch file formats such as pes or hus or vip etc. as it allows you to map those alphabets into the program as keyboard fonts so you can just type them out in Alpha Tricks.

All the Embrilliance programs use the same working interface which you are already using and working in in Alpha Tricks.

If you purchase Essentials you will get a Serial number for it and all you will have to do is open your Alpha Tricks program and under Help there is a place to put in Serial numbers and you put the serial number in for Essentials and then close out of the program.
When you open the program again you will have all the features of both Essentials and Alpha Tricks.
If you don't have a design editing program then Essentials will work great for you and enable you to do lots with designs.
EastWitch2

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:44 pm

There are several Videos showing how to use many of the different features of Essentials at the link below that you could watch.
http://embrilliance.com/videos/essentials-videos

EastWitch2

kristeenmarie

Post by kristeenmarie » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:18 am

Thank you. I ended up purchasing Essencials too.

One more question (for now any ways). Ever since I ordered essentials every time I open the program I get a pop-up that says "The following item needs a serial number: Fonts 1".

Any idea what is going on here?

CLT3

Post by CLT3 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:56 am

You should have been e-mailed a serial number for Essentials when you purchased it. Click help at the top of the screen and serial number will appear in the drop down menu. Key in the serial number that was sent to you.