How do I convert my more than 600 fonts in PES?

barbsbees

How do I convert my more than 600 fonts in PES?

Post by barbsbees » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:26 pm

Most of my fonts came from 8clawsandapaw.com I have them in PES. They are not available the best I can tell in .BX I would love to utilize the alpha tricks and take advantage of your introductory price. However, I don't think these fonts (more than 600 of them) can be pulled into Embrilliance thru Alpha Tricks. I have Essentials, Font Collection 1 and thumbnailer. What can I do? Does PE Design Next convert to .BX ??
Thanks

MacStitch

Re: How do I convert my more than 600 fonts in PES?

Post by MacStitch » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:12 am

I have practically all of 8claws fonts plus others totaling over 900. I only pulled about 130 fonts into Alpha Tricks. I did not want to wade through hundreds of fonts in the pop up menu. It then becomes quite a chore to choose just the right font plus that would be a little cumbersome. I went through and picked my favorites in 2" and less. It takes less than a minute to pull each font in if it is arranged alphabetically. I also happen to have a database with all of my designs with pictures, description, and disk location. That made it easy to check the ones that I wanted and view them in a list. I then opened each folder in icon view from the import menu and selected one size of a font that I wanted. (Many of my 8claws are stored with multiple sizes in one folder). I then clicked the import button and clicked the button on AlphaTricks screen corresponding to whether they were all uppercase or upper and lower, etc. I gave it a descriptive name, got my p's and q's, etc at the right height and clicked save. Done and ready to use. If there was punctuation, I clicked the button to add more designs, selected the punctuation, imported, and then clicked each one and typed the key to correspond. Then, arranged the p's, q's, etc. and clicked save.

I found that it is much quicker and easier to import a font, make the design, and then delete the font from the program than it is to import the individual letters into the program and then arrange each one manually. There are so many choices when the program is imported.

I also have all the Embrilliance fonts and thought why do I need to add any more. I decided to go for it anyway, and I have had such fun with it. I am getting much more use out of my 8 claws fonts than before -- it was so much quicker and easier to just use those already in Embrilliance that I was neglecting all the others. And, besides, I had fun importing the fonts. It did not seem like a chore at all and I got to get to know my fonts again. I really enjoyed the process and had to stop myself from importing more and more. Yes, I'll probably import some more and I'll probably delete some that I hardly use. But, the bottom line, it is really easy and fun!
Feel free to ask me any questions,
Betty

barbsbees

Post by barbsbees » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:03 pm

Betty,
Did you just drag a font straight from 8claws (say the Daniela font) straight into alpha tricks in PES and then do the alignment of p, q, y, etc? Without any other modifications except putting the sizes in separate folders before dragging into alpha Tricks? Even though the 8 claws fonts are not in BX? I may have more questions too. Thanks,
Barb

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:17 pm

First, click the mapping icon in Embrilliance. It asks you if you want to import a font. After you answer yes, it opens to a screen just like the merge screen. Just navigate to the folder with the font that you want and select the letters - on my Mac, I hold down the command key and drag from left to right until I have selected the letters that I want. (I did not put different sizes in separate folders. I just included a size code in the name.)
Then click the import button at the top of the screen (or select all if there is only one size in the folder). That brings the letters to the screen where you do the alignment.
Hope that made sense,
Betty

barbsbees

Post by barbsbees » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:41 am

Betty,
I appreciate your help so much! I too have a Mac and a PC but mainly use the Mac. Help me understand what you meant by this: (I did not put different sizes in separate folders. I just included a size code in the name.) If all sizes are in the same folder- then how do you get the 3" letters verses grabbing a 3" and a 2" of the next letter in the name? what do you mean by a size code?
Thanks
Barb

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:59 am

There is a place on the Alpha Tricks panel where you put a name. With Daniela font I would type Daniela1 to indicate 1 inch size, etc. In the popup menu in Embrilliance, I would see Daniela1, Daniela2, etc so that I could tell what size each one is. 8Claws folks label their fonts when they are in the same folder so that they alphabetize one after the other. For instance, daniela-1inch-Z.pes, daniela-1inch-z1.pes, daniela-2inch-a.pes, daniela-2inch-a1.pes. I just hold down the command key and drag left to right until I have all of one kind. If you accidentally get too many or not enough, just command-click to select or de-select. Then, click the import button. Then click the Aa button (I don't remember exactly what the button says, but it indicates that you are bringing in uppercase and lowercase.) The letters are instantly mapped. All you have to do is do the alignment and save.

KLReeves

Post by KLReeves » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:52 pm

Looks like a smart idea, import, then delete. Just one question...how do you find the font to delete it on the mac? I know I'm probably missing something incredibly simple, but worn out on looking.
Thanks,
Kate

deanambro101

Post by deanambro101 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:14 am

converting fonts from any other machine format to PES format is simple and can be done through some of the free software's.
but converting ttf/otf or from image to machine embroidery format is required digitizing skill (which takes enough time to master).
recently i have used these guys https://zeedigitizing.com who provide awesome result. they may be helpful. attached is my photo