Question about DRK

Discussion about DRK
SewBecky

Question about DRK

Post by SewBecky » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:29 am

I have just purchased DRK and I think I'm really going to like it. I have a couple of questions though.

1) I've attached two pics of a stitch out I did yesterday. When I viewed it with the density map, it looked fine and without gaps. When I viewed it with the wire line it also looked fine with no gaps - even when I enlarged it greatly. But with the stitchout, you can see that a few areas are very thin. So, today I went back and looked at the density map and the wireline again to see if I could see something there that I did not see with my initial review of the stitchout. I could not pick out any thin areas in the second look. So, my question is what am I missing as I review the wireline and 2) if I see a thin area, how do I go about fixing it without fixing all the other areas too?

2) My second comment is a suggestion - next time you update the manual, it would be so helpful if you put a few "keystroke" directions into the text. For instance, click the density map a second time to get the wireline, and click again to get back to the density map. Also a line about clicking on the picture in the "properties" box to get the stitches tab to come up in the options box. Maybe I'm the only one that is a mental-midget with computers, but I struggled a long time figuring this out. It may be back up in the essentials dialogue, but I missed it - and if it's a stand alone product then others wouldn't have that information either.

Anyway, I think it's going to be very useful as I really love those incredibly detailed designs that so many vendors have, but don't do so well on T-shirts. And my teenage grandkids live for their Tshirts. Many thanks for your help with this - SewBecky
Attachments
PC160054 Picture of wider project.JPG
PC160054 Picture of wider project.JPG (150.94 KiB) Viewed 2466 times
PC160053 Closeup of thin area.JPG
PC160053 Closeup of thin area.JPG (159.84 KiB) Viewed 2466 times

LisaSewBubbles

Re: Question about DRK

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:11 am

Hello,

Was there any overlap of the stitches in the wireframe OR by simply looking at the design areas? It looks like these are mostly satin stitches -- satin stitches have the MOST pull of any stitch and you really have to have a significant amount of overlap in order for there to be no gap. You may want to change the "intra design" setting for those colors that are showing the gap -- meaning that you are telling the software that you don't want it to get rid of these extra stitches. This is done by selecting the color and clicking on the stitch tab in the properties pane and unchecking this option.

If this was stitched on a t-shirt - be sure that you are stabilizing well! For a satin stitch type design like this, I would use an iron on stabilizer.

We are working on videos now on the program. I just finished one on DRK and hope to work on another this week.
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

SewBecky

Re: Question about DRK

Post by SewBecky » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:26 pm

Thank you for your message back to me. I'll get the hang of it sooner or later. I think the videos are a great idea! SewBecky