Letters become uneditable?

Discussion about Embrilliance Enthusiast

Letters become uneditable?

Postby jonjonbear » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:34 am

Hello all,
I'm working on a couple of projects in which both of them I have added text. I am not sure what happens but in working on the project, the text is somehow changed to a non-letter element. If I click on the word and highlight it, over in the properties box I only get Color and Stitches as far as editable choices. I thought perhaps that I may have grouped the entire design together then ungrouped it, that might have been the issue but then I just dropped a random test box onto the design, grouped the design, resized it and ungrouped it and the recent text is still shown as "letters" and allows me to edit the font. Anyone know what I might be doing to make the text un-editable?

Thanks,

John
jonjonbear

Re: Letters become uneditable?

Postby pknoell » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:11 am

I guess you edited stitches manually?
pknoell

Postby imagirlgeek » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:37 pm

I'm also having this problem. I'm sure I didn't manually edit the stitches. Any other ideas?
imagirlgeek

Postby imagirlgeek » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:17 pm

I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was opening the .PES file, expecting to be able to edit the text. I opened the .BE file and am able to edit the text. Newbie mistake. Hope this helps anyone else making the same mistake.
imagirlgeek

Return to Enthusiast