Splitting a lettering design for MA Hoop(Janome 11000)

Discussion about Embrilliance Enthusiast
EastWitch2

Re: Splitting a lettering design for MA Hoop(Janome 11000)

Post by EastWitch2 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:16 pm

Hi CarolDubya!

Rather than going to the trouble of making a new hoop in the Hoops Section in Preferences as you show in your pictures.
Choose the Macro Hoop in the Multi position hoops for the Jef format then click on Edit (See Bottom picture below)
Then click on the Arrow to choose a Format and change the Format to JEF+ ( as shown in top picture below) and make any other changes you may want to the settings on that page.

Then just do as the video shows and it should work for your machine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGP2aN7 ... e=youtu.be

EastWitch2
Attachments
Changed Jef+ Format.JPG
Changed Jef+ Format.JPG (43.36 KiB) Viewed 2106 times
Changinf Format to JEF+.JPG
Changinf Format to JEF+.JPG (53.95 KiB) Viewed 2106 times

CarolDubya

Post by CarolDubya » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:09 pm

ahhhh! Thanks so much!

Raes

Post by Raes » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:42 pm

Carole did it work out? Your photos make it look easy but I'm still a bit unsure. I would love the makers to use our machine to demonstrate with their You tube videos and perhaps that would make it easier to understand. For me anyway... I still haven't purchased yet...

Nanasews

Post by Nanasews » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:51 pm

Thank you for posting the graph here on MA hoop when I tried to split a design all I got was spiders all over the place lol,i assume I have to do a fiddle inside the setup hoop area.However as posted earlier I did a peacock and it was lovely although not finished as it was a test sample.Thing is I really want it a tad larger.I just needed to move the hoop to position 2 to embroider the second half.
A stitch in time saves 9

create050

Post by create050 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:40 am

Carol Dubya thanks for posting! You should be on the payroll as you helped me troubleshoot my hooping problems. My design was not stitching out right so i went into editing on my hoop and found the box that tells the program i have to invert my hoop was not checked. I checked it and WALLA! Stitches correctly now! Thank you for leading me there.

CarolDubya

New issue with macro hoop for Janome MC11000

Post by CarolDubya » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:02 pm

It seems as if the software isn't saving the file that I am creating for the embroidery machine as a JEF+ file, it is saving it in the JEF file format. My machine doesn't "see" that format for the macro hoop.

I do not get a truly split file when I try to save it(I only see one file). I have edited the Macro Hoop to be saved as JEF+. Referencing a previous thread, I have things set up as before, and it won't work.
Carol W