Essentials vs Enthusiast

Discussion about Embrilliance Enthusiast
bryben1212

Essentials vs Enthusiast

Post by bryben1212 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:04 am

I have the DRK, and am considering buying Enthusiast. Can someone tell me in a nut shell if there are features in Essentials that I won't get in Enthusiast, other than having no fonts? Sorry if this is a repeat topic, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Brighterhopes

Re: Essentials vs Enthusiast and more help needed

Post by Brighterhopes » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:28 pm

I can't answer your question but I can add to the dilemma a bit.
I didn't purchase Essentials because much of what it does (according to the website) I can already access with my embroidery machine software.
I bought Enthusiast because I wanted to be able to edit stitches, which I couldn't do with my software.

Now I am having trouble finding videos and training aids that will help me understand Enthusiasts. I agree with a few others' posts that I have seen, that the built in 'help' is very weak and difficult to follow if you are brand new to the software.

Can anyone send me resources so that I can understand Enthusiast? The only things I have found so far are two videos on how to intertwine Monograms. Most everything else I have found are related to Essentials and to Stitch Artist.

Sorry no one has helped answer your post. I wish I could help you. Maybe someone will see mine attached to yours and give us both some assistance.
b

bryben1212

Re: Essentials vs Enthusiast

Post by bryben1212 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:31 pm

Thanks, B. Are you familiar with Craftsy? I have purchased some classes there that include touching on it, and I am pretty sure they're using Enthusiast. If you're interested, I'll go through them to see which classes they are, but I wouldn't buy them until they're on sale. I would like to get Enthusiast for the same reason you did, and to be able to manipulate the design, but I'm not thrilled that, for the price, it doesn't even have the fonts. Just more money to have to spend. If you haven't already, check YouTube. Thanks for answering!

Brighterhopes

Post by Brighterhopes » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:11 am

thanks bryben
I have searched YouTube some but not found much. I thought there might be a training manual somewhere or training videos. I am slowing teaching myself through trial and error but I could progress faster if I had a training module to follow. I did purchase a Craftsy class on editing but the software of that instructor is much different from Enthusiast. I haven't found it real helpful yet.

I'll keep looking! In the mean time....maybe the Embrilliance company will see your concerns and develop something for those in the future!

BTW....I found BX font files at www.jolsonsdesigns.com on sale through today!!!!
I was able to load a few into Brilliance. I agree with you....seems that more should have been included with the package!
Thanks again
Brighterhopes

bryben1212

Post by bryben1212 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:52 am

Uh-oh, I just bought an editing Craftsy class. Haven't watched it yet, but was hoping it would help. Please tell me it wasn't Elements Of Design Editing! Does Enthusiast only take BX fonts? Does the software show you how to convert them to PES format? I'm still on the fence about buying it. Thanks, Kathy.

Brighterhopes

Post by Brighterhopes » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:30 am

Yes. It is Elements of Design Editing. (cute little chicken on the home screen) It is a good class and I have learned a lot...it is just that she uses a different software program that seems to be a lot more versatile than what I have figured out with Enthusiast. BUT....I am really, really new to Enthusiast and haven't figured everything out yet. When I get stuck and I try to use the Index and search their 'help' section on Enthusiast...I often get "No files found" on the problem I am searching.

I have been able to successfully remove parts of a design that I didn't want to stitch but it took me a while to figure it out in Enthusiast. The Craftsy class helped! I probably wouldn't have been able to do it on my own.

I think Enthusiast only will import BX fonts. I have tons of fonts that I use with my Viking software. However, I can't get them to import into Enthusiast. I have found that if I create the written text in my Viking software, I can then open it in Enthusiast...if I need to.

You can save your design from Enthusiast to PES format. You set your design preference in the Settings icon/screen and then when you save it will automatically save in your preferred format.

One strange thing that happened a couple of days ago....I tried opening several different designs in Enthusiast. Some of them loaded just fine and I was able to work with them. Several others were scrambled with stitch placement and colors. I couldn't figure out how to re-align them so I could use them in Enthusiast. There may be an easy way to fix the ones that scramble...but I haven't figured it out yet. AGAIN...wish we had a manual or a video training series. SIGH!

As you are trying to figure out whether to but Enthusiast or not....I can say that until I bought it, I was unable to remove any part of a design I didn't want to stitch. I like the ability to do that. I am looking forward to seeing whatever else it can do...but the my learning curve is a little slow...since I am doing it on my own.
Good Luck!

Brighterhopes

Post by Brighterhopes » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:24 pm

I found the video that will help you with your format question. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVILAFOyxVE

If you subscribe to Embrilliance on YouTube, there are more options for training.

Becky

Kay Allen

Post by Kay Allen » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:28 am

If you purchase Alpha Trix then you will be able to import any font.