virtual hoops ?

Discussion about Embrilliance Enthusiast
John Gutknecht

virtual hoops ?

Post by John Gutknecht » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:30 am

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I'm hoping someone can help me out. According to the documentation: "Some hoops have multiple positions. This means that you only hoop the fabric once and generate the design by sewing it in those multiple sections. However, you can achieve the same result by re-hooping the fabric multiple times to create the design. We call this a “Virtual Hoop.” The Essentials version of the program comes with many hoops and virtual hoops pre-defined. The Enthusiast version has creation and editing of these hoops as well."

So what I understood to be "Virtual Hoops" would work something like this. I have a machine (Brother 580D) with an embroidery field area of 130 x 180. I have a design that is 200 x 300. So my thought was I'd create a virtual hoop with 4 overlapping embroidery fields that are no larger than my 130x180 field.

Maybe I'm missing it, but where are the pre-defined virtual hoops? How do I create a new virtual hoop? I have Enthusiast and can create a new custom single hoop, but not a virtual hoop.

I can see how I would pick one of the pre-defined multi-hoops (like the 130x300 which I do own) and I can split a design across that hoop, but I can't figure out how to create or use a virtual hoop ??

My machine format is PES, so maybe this is something that's not supported?

Thanks!

encarna

Re: virtual hoops ?

Post by encarna » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:19 am

Very interesting. Thank you John for posting this question. I also would like to know.

SugarHamo

Re: virtual hoops ?

Post by SugarHamo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:52 pm

HI! John,
Did you ever get an answer to this question from 2014? This question appears to resurface many times in different questions etc but, to date, I have been unable to find an answer or solution given. was wondering if it was figured out.