Help Please with aligning Viking Majestic Hoop Designs

Discussion about Embrilliance Enthusiast
Whitega

Help Please with aligning Viking Majestic Hoop Designs

Post by Whitega » Mon May 05, 2014 1:31 pm

Hello,
I am new to Embrilliance, I have just purchased Essentials and Enthusiast, to assist me in splitting designs for the Viking Majestic Hoop. I would be very grateful if anyone could give advice as to aligning the designs. When I open the designs on my machine (saved as VP3), both parts of the split design are shown on the wrong side of the hoop than they should be and are crossing the split hoop borders, despite all appearing well on Embrilliance. I have to spend a long time repositioning the designs in Embroidery Edit on the machine and then using the Design Aligner option to match the second half of the stitch out when I have rotated the hoop, (not very successfully).
I would be so grateful if anybody could advise me of what I might be doing wrong. I was so excited to be able to use my Majestic Hoop, but am feeling a bit frustrated and cross with myself for not being able to work it out.
Thank you, Gillian.

EastWitch2

Re: Help Please with aligning Viking Majestic Hoop Designs

Post by EastWitch2 » Mon May 05, 2014 3:30 pm

Are you trying to split a larger design into several sections so you can stitch the design out in more than one hooping with your Majestic Hoop?

Or are you just trying to save a single design or combination of designs that fits into the total hoop area of the Majestic hoop so it stitches out in the 2 positions?

If the design or combined designs fits in the total hooping area of the Majestic hoop just use the Save As Stitch and Working option to save the design.

This saves your design or combined designs as one stitch file that will stitch out in the 2 positions of your hoop.
Once you have saved the design close out of the program.

Then reopen your program and open the saved VIP3 design Stitch File.

Highlight the design and then click on the Sew Simulator and that will show you how the design is going to stitch out in your Majestic hoop.

You shouldn't have to adjust anything at the machine, other than rotating your hoop for stitching the last half of the design.

Try this and let us know if this what your are trying to do and if it works when you pull the design up on your machine.

EastWitch2

Whitega

Post by Whitega » Mon May 05, 2014 11:40 pm

Hello Eastwitch,
Thank you so much for your reply, I so appreciate your help.
I have been trying to split one large design into 2 halves so I can sew both halves out on my Majestic Hoop.
I have followed the steps you have suggested and all appears well in Embrilliance with the Stitch stimulator showing both halves being stitched out correctly.
However when I then open the file on my machine using the majestic hoop option, both halves of the designs appear on the wrong side of the hoop and overlapping the centre boundarys. This results in an error message from the machine, and me having to spend a lot of time realigning the design, both in Embroidery Edit and then prior to the second half stitch out.
I have a Designer Royale which is also new to me, however I have previously had a Brother Embroidery machine for 15 years so not a complete novice, just a bit confused.
I would be so grateful if you could tell me if I am missing something obvious. The machine sews out its own built in Majestic designs ok.
Thank you, best wishes, Gillian

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Tue May 06, 2014 9:55 am

Gillian

I did a test of a design of a large monogram made to fit in the Majestic hoop and saved it as a stitch file.
Yes it looks okay in Embrilliance and in the Stitch Simulator.

How ever I pulled up the saved stitch file design in another design editing program that I have and the design looks scrambled together as you say your machine sees your design that you made. So this appears not to work.

Try This NEXT:
Open your program with the Majestic Hoop showing in the working area
Open your design that you want to split for the hoop and make sure it is highlighted
Click on the Utility tab at the top of the page.
Scroll down the list and click on Split into Hoop
Then Do a Save as Stitch and Working
Now see what the stitch file looks like in your embroidery machine.

If that didn't work then please use the Contact Us tab at the top of the Forum page to contact the Embrilliance Support Team and let them know what problems you are having with saving designs for your majestic hoop.

Please let us know here on the Forum if you get this working and what the trick is to saving the design and having the machine read it right as I am sure this will help others with the same hoop.

I hope they have someone that can test this on a machine that uses the Majestic hoop.

I have the H/V Designer 1 machine that has a 3 position Mega hoop and I have put together a couple of designs to use on that hoop but have not had time to test them.
They look good in Embrilliance but I am not sure if my machine will read the designs or not.

It would be nice if the Embrilliance Team would make a Video on saving the designs for some of H/V multi position hoops and show how they stitch out as these hoops are different than other machine brands that use positional hoops such as the Brother machines. The way the H/V machines reads designs is also different.

EastWitch2

Whitega

Post by Whitega » Tue May 06, 2014 1:58 pm

Dear Eastwitch
Thank you for taking the time out to assist me. I so appreciate your help. I am glad that I haven't missed anything, I was getting so cross with myself.
I did try out your suggestion of what to try next, but unfortunately had the same result.
I have logged a request for help from the Embrilliance Team and await their reply.
I will let the Forum know of their advice, and of any tips or tricks.
In the meantime, thank you once again for all your support,
With best wishes,
Gillian

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Wed May 07, 2014 9:13 am

We are testing an update for this hoop. The update will split the design into two files that you will load to your machine just like all the other multi-position hoops for the other brands and models. Please watch the website to download the new update.
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Sat May 17, 2014 6:34 pm

For Gillian and All Majestic Hoop Owners

Would you please download the latest Embrilliance update version 1.129 and test out splitting a design for the Majestic hoop to see if your machine will now read both the split files for the Majestic hoop.

I believe the update corrected the problem that occured when you have to turn your hoop for the second part of the split design.

I just made and saved a stitch file in Essentials for the Majestic hoop and then brought the 2 design stitch files into my other editing software program and the splits seem to work and are not jumbled as before.

Let us know if the split designs for the Majestic hoop now works when you load it on your machine please.
EastWitch2

Whitega

Post by Whitega » Sun May 18, 2014 10:30 am

Dear Eastwitch,

Thank you for all your help.

I have downloaded the update, and tested some designs.
Unfortunately I am still experiencing difficulties with my Viking Designer Royale reading the design information correctly.
I have emailed the wonderful Embrilliance Support Team today to advise them of my issues, and have sent copies of my stitch files.

Best wishes

Gillian

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Sun May 18, 2014 3:59 pm

Gillian

So you are saying that the split designs for the majestic hoop are still scrambled when you load them to your Royale machine?
Is it just the second split that is wrong when you have to turn your hoop?
Or is it something else now?
Do you use a USB Stick to load your designs to your machine?

Let us know how Embrilliance Support solves this problem for you.
!I am really curious about this problem you are having!
EastWitch2

Whitega

Post by Whitega » Mon May 19, 2014 11:50 am

Dear Eastwitch,

Thank you for your continued support.

I transfer the split designs into my embroidery machine via usb stick.
The 2 halves of the designs are on the wrong side of the hoop, and i have to swap them to the correct side.
When I align the designs to meet to avoid a big gap in the embroidery, each halve of the design crosses the allowed shared border in the middle, so the machine gives an error message and the design cannot be signed out.

I have sent photos of my embroidery screen to the Support team and my stitch files. I am very grateful for their help, and await their response.

With best wishes

Gillian