Help Please with aligning Viking Majestic Hoop Designs

Discussion about Embrilliance Enthusiast
DollyV

Re: Help Please with aligning Viking Majestic Hoop Designs

Post by DollyV » Mon May 26, 2014 8:44 am

I hope you will solve this problem as I will buy your program if this matter is fixed as I am interested in your program for the Pfaff Grand Hoop which I am assuming is the same as the Majestic hoop in the Viking machines. The Grand Hoop also requires two designs after the split to rotate the hoop and sew out the second half of the design. Please keep us all posted. Thanks

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Mon May 26, 2014 10:39 pm

The Pfaff and Viking machines appear to do different things with this hoop. The Viking owner cannot run it as a normal hoop, the way Pfaff users can. The machine appears to have a sensor on it, and when it sees that hoop, it gets stuck in some mode, hence the appearance of the designs being rotated. We had begun writing the file format for the Viking, but when we went to test it, nobody had that machine and hoop, so we got stuck. We have a dealer who is going to help soon, we think.

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Tue May 27, 2014 2:46 pm

Was the Enthusiast Split option for the Mega hoop for the Designer 1 machine ever tested to know if it works correctly?

EastWitch2

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:05 am

Hi Denise and Gillian -

After a bit of research I think we got it fixed and Gillian tested it and might send me a file in the ticket system to split send back for a final test. The problem is, is that the Majestic hoop does not allow you to fully use the 200mm width of the hoop when you overlap the two to create the large layout.

If you wanted to create a 350 x 360 design using your 200 x 360 hoop - the overlapped between the two split sections would be 50mm. This is the mathematical calculation you would have to do if you were going to take the fabric out of the hoop to rehoop the fabric and stitch the large design.

Well Viking decided based upon their mechanics and research that the overlapped area is only 30mm. The extra 20mm that we gave for splitting is a "locked margin" of sorts. So instead of being able to use the entire 200mm width for splitting the design, we had to force the software to only use 190mm of each hoop width. This is why when you loaded the split design section, your machine said it was too big and was going to split it again for you!

It didn't make sense that this would happen until Gillian told us that the machine seems to know when the Majestic Hoop is attached! You have no choice to simply load a 200 x 360 design and stitch it. The machine recognizes the hoop and brings up that layout dialog so you can bring in designs to line up.

Very confusing - needed to do research - think we figured it out!

SO in the next update, Enthusiast will have this adjusted hoop - when it splits the design the sections will NOT be rotated since that is not helpful like it is for other machines that use a rotating hoop.

So that's the skinny - thanks for getting in touch with us via the Contact Us link!
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:30 pm

Hi Lisa!
Did you and Gillian get the problem solved for the Majestic Hoop.
If so is there going to be a software update to correct this?

EastWitch2

Pat70

Post by Pat70 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Has this ever been solved? I have the lastest version of Enthusiast and still can't figure out how to split a design for the Viking Majestic hoop and not get the "too large for hoop" message.

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:30 pm

Hi Pat70 !

I don't think this Majestic Hoop problem has been solved yet but I suggest that you contact the Embrilliance Support Team and ask them.
You can use the link below to an open Support ticket and fill it out and submit it to the Embrilliance Team as they are the only ones that can fix the problem.

Someone from the Support Team will contact you in answer to your Support Ticket

http://www.embrilliance.com/osticket/open.php

EastWitch2

Pat70

Post by Pat70 » Thu May 21, 2015 7:26 pm

The majestic hoop problem. Last post was a year ago. Was it ever solved? I have a DDD with a majestic hoop. Had to return to different software to use my majestic hoop. I was not successful with Embrillance. Would love to ditch the other software as it conflicts with Embrillance which is my preferred embroidery software.