Software Assistance

Things that are not related specifically to Embrilliance can go here. Discussions about free designs, machine issues and other things, not related to embroidery software.
Forum rules
Discussion of machines and free design downloads allowed. No embroidery software, please, other than Embrilliance, but those topics should be kept in the proper forum.
Lulu1

Software Assistance

Post by Lulu1 » Thu May 15, 2014 6:28 am

I am a newbie to the sewing and monogramming world. I did a lot of research and found that this was the best software for the monogramming I wish to do! I am finding it very difficult to learn the program and now I can not get fonts that I purchased to load into my program! Help please I have spent a lot of money on this program and do not wish for it to go to waste!! Do I need more software to load fonts other then the very few given when I purchased Embrilliance? :(

EastWitch2

Re: Software Assistance

Post by EastWitch2 » Thu May 15, 2014 3:27 pm

Hi Lulu1

Which of the Embrilliance software programs do you have - Essentials or Alpha Tricks?

EastWitch2

Lulu1

Post by Lulu1 » Fri May 16, 2014 4:23 am

Essentials

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Fri May 16, 2014 12:43 pm

In order to bring in a letter design stitch files from purchased Alphabets that are on your computer use the Merge Stitch File tool on the Top Tool Bar.
It is the last icon on the right side of the top tool bar and looks like a needle and file folder beside it.

This tool allows you to locate the letters from your purchased alphabets on your computer and then you choose (click on) the letters you want to use and click on import and the letters will appear in the hoop area of the open Essentials window.

A purchased stitch file is one that is in a format for your machine such as pes, hus, vip, jef, xxx, dst, etc..
The merging tool can be used to merge any number of stitch files you have such as letters from an Alphabet or any other embroidery designs that you already have on your computer.

Here is a link to a video showing how to merge stitch files that you may want to watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3v4zWOnMqM

You may want to watch the other Essentials Videos which may help you understand how the program works.
Here is the link to the Videos for Essentials.
http://embrilliance.com/videos/essentials-videos

If you have more questions please ask them and we will try to help you.

EastWitch2

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Sat May 17, 2014 2:37 pm

Hi Lulu1

To find out more about what you can do with Letters open Essentials and then click on Help at the top or the working window.
Then Click on Help in the Drop down Menu.
Now you will see a list of Topics.

Go to the Lettering topic and click on the Plus Sign beside the word Lettering.
This will give you a list of all the different things you can do with lettering.

Read through each to get a better idea of how to manipulate lettering for monograms and other types of text.

Then type in some letters in Essentials and try out all the lettering tools and Quick Styles just to see how they all work.
If you have questions please ask and we will help.
EastWitch2