Converting True Type Fonts to Stitches

Your questions answered here
Lena

Converting True Type Fonts to Stitches

Post by Lena » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:10 am

Hello,

I'm using the full stitch artist version and having problems converting True Type Fonts to stitches easily.

Steps

Choose font
Type letters
It appears on the screen
Choose satin fill (usually looks blown-up and not filling only within the vector shapes but in-between too)
Add inclinations - doesn't change only looks worse or same.
If there is a hole, it looks like the stitches are going through the hole and I can't put inclinations on one side of the hole. It goes through both.

lars

Re: Converting True Type Fonts to Stitches

Post by lars » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:21 am

Hello,

satin fill is only properly applied to an area that is included in a single path. When you import a vectoriced 'A' for example, you get two shapes. An outer and an inner one. with the inner one marking a hole in the outer shape. To get this ready for satin stitches you need to transform it in the former mentioned single path, The easiest way is to use the 'Connect to Hole' funktion.

For that you select two close dots in the inside and the outside path and right click one of them.

The connect to hole feature might fail, when structure if inner and outer path gets to complex.

Regards, Lars

janc

Post by janc » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:35 am

I've tried doing what you described, but when I select 2 points and right click, I DO NOT get an option to "connect the hole." Ideas?

beachbabydoll

Post by beachbabydoll » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:16 am

In the True Type font, I delete the outline step which is the vector file with all the points (in my software it's called the font name and is in green.) If I don't do that, when I go to create the font, the software makes automatic satin stitches. However I am still having problems when I "publish" my font. I have digitized captial letters A-O and they all stitch out well. Yet when I publish them some letters are missing and some are partially stitched and the rest are okay. I have watched the Embrilliance video on creating and publishing fonts and read the manual several times and contacted support. I haven't really received the help I need yet. I am beginning to think there is a glitch in the software. I have the new update and own Stitch Artist 1-3.

beachbabydoll

Post by beachbabydoll » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:50 am

Wow, I got a lot of help from Support yesterday eve! They got all the snags out of my partial font I sent them. Beware of editing. Here is what they wrote to me: "we did see some strange things in the letter shapes and objects that may have caused issues. In the 'H', one of the objects (15:9) had at one time been branched into a group, but had since either been copied out of that group or had its other members deleted and was still tagged to branch; we 'unbranched' the single object and regenerated all the parts of the 'H' resulting in the stitches in that object behaving properly. Similarly, we saw some inclination lines that were overlapping, odd grouped items, objects with no properties inside of several of the letters, just some odd issues that may have had something to do with publishing issues. In our early work, one of our digitizers had some similar issues with fonts that were edited repeatedly and had some leftover branching and grouping that wasn't properly cleared after copying and deleting objects inside of a branched group, and we're wondering if that may be the problem here. It's not entirely clear from the sample file.

We've included a file with some edits based on the one you sent that we'd love you to try just to see if that improves your outcome. Since all of the fonts built in to the platform were created in the software in the same publishing tools, we know that they work, but there may be something about these glyphs still causing the problem. The best way we can test is if we have your original BE file before publishing or one where you allow for republishing in the rights so that we can test publishing issues ourselves; we'd be happy to take a second look at the issue. :)"
What a Support team, Thank you Mrs. Harper!