Mandala design

If you want to share a photo or a file or even a screenshot of something you've done with StitchArtist, please upload it here - others would love to see what you are working on.
LisaSewBubbles

Mandala design

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:01 pm

mandala_silk_sm.jpg
mandala_silk_sm.jpg (100.36 KiB) Viewed 2895 times
This design was created in StitchArtist level 1 using the satin border at a very tight density and extra underlay. It is stitched with 100wt silk thread on silk fabric and silk batting. The dense thread stitching acts as a resist for the dye so it could be painted with instant set dye for a stained glass look.
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

maribow

Re: Mandala design

Post by maribow » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:56 am

Lisa, could you describe how you actually did the mandella in Stitch Artist. I bought the software and am just beginning to use it. I love your design here. Did you scan in a coloring page, and trace around the lines or what? Thanks

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:06 am

That is pretty much what I did! Try to think how you want the machine to move thru the design. So I started at the center and worked my way out. The actual design is a BUNCH of shorter segments, not just one continuous line.
mandala.png
mandala.png (203.32 KiB) Viewed 2800 times
I would start with something small so that you get used to "pathing" which is how the stitches flow. Think of drawing a shape without lifting the pen off the paper that is what you want the end result to be, but you don't have to draw it that way.

The manual has some great information on on drawing paths and setting the start and stops etc. There is not a particular page or section that explains this - the entire manual is a valuable digitizing process resource. I saved it to my kindle so I read through it when I have a few moments - I learn something new from it each time!
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

inkjen2003

Post by inkjen2003 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:52 am

That's gorgeous!!!

dartylady5

Post by dartylady5 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:25 am

Beautiful!