Design Splitting Function

Like the name says.
Lucee

Re: Design Splitting Function

Post by Lucee » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:57 pm

This is a feature I would use. I am actually looking to split large designs to fit the jumbo fast frame on a Brother Pr600ii. Will your splitting program be able to do this? If you are after beta testers I would be interested.

glittergal4u

Post by glittergal4u » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:04 am

Is Design Splitting the same as multiple hooping? I'm new to this, and so far I Love Essentials for my MAC. I'd love to be able to do multiple hoopings for big projects. "They" talk about registration crosshairs so you kow where to place your next hooping...not sure if something like that is already built in to the design you would purchase, or if it's something I could do in Essentials?

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:17 am

Design Splitting and Creating a multiple hooped design are related but not exactly the same.

Design Splitting means that you take a design that is bigger than your SINGLE position hoop and break it apart into smaller pieces to either rehoop manually OR to fit into a multipostion hoop like the 3 position "clunk hoops" for PES machines. Each brand of machine usually has it's only "flavor" of multi position "clunk hoop" and they go by all sorts of names - GigaHoop, MegaHoop, Plus hoop etc

We know that there are users that want to split larger designs into smaller sections to so stuff like this, and we hope to add something like this as a feature pack later this year. There is no set time for release, we are still working out how to make this function work as simply as our current programs & functions while covering the needs of those that want a bit more control over the whole editing process.

As of today, there is no design splitting function in Essentials but we know it is important and are working on it!

Once you split the design, well that's all fine and dandy, the next step is the lining up at the machine. With a "clunk hoop" one way is to select this hoop at the machine and insert each piece into the hoop sections, zoom in and line them up on the screen. The machine and hoop do all the rest.

If you have created a multiple hoop layout - a large design layout with multiple pieces like a scene on a wallhanging that is bigger than one hooping - or a large design that has been split into more than one section but you will not use a multiple position hoop - this requires a bit more work to stitch out accurately at the machine. The easiest way for a scene layout without any extra software work is to print actual size templates from Essentials and mark your fabric with the design centers. You should mark all the centers first and then double check with the templates as you progress just to make sure.

Another way requires some software work and it is not a built in feature of Essentials but it can be done using alignment lines and center cross hair that are actual stitch files you import into the design. This sounds like an interesting lesson that I should do and post to the BriTon Leap youtube channel as a video and then link it from here.

OK Glittergal4u - I'm accepting that challenge and hope to post something in the next day or so. It will be a simple project, showing the technique in the software and I will provide the designs somehow - I'm new to this posting on the forum so I will have to talk to Brian about how to do that :-) It will be an easy design to stitch with lining up instructions. It will be for the 4x4 hoop so that everyone can do it quickly - doesn't matter if you have bigger hoops! Use the smaller hoop, try it once, instant results, do the happy dance, and then try the same technique with your designs.

Are you up for the challenge?

Give me 24 hours to at least get the video done and I will ask how to post files. And YES what I will be showing can be done in Essentials on a Mac or a PC. It will be the lining up part, not the splitting part.

Off to start working on this project!
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

badcompany59

Post by badcompany59 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:15 am

I too would like to see the design splitting on Essentials. I've been patiently waiting for all the releases to see if this is going to be added to Essentials. I am currently using the demo, and I like the user friendlyness of the program. I'm do not have a mac, but pc so I have more options that the mac users.

I currently have some other software that does all of these functions, but......the layering of designs is quite labor intensive for me when I have to cut that bottom part of the design out. Seems that I am going this way more and more. Anyway, I see that Essentials would remove that problem for me. However, I do need the ability to go in and cut part of a design out that I do not want to use. For example, I have a scroll pattern that I use quite often (really in to those right now!), but it has some funky little flowers along the outside of the scroll. With the program I have right now, I can go in and use the split selection, click around the flowers and remove them quite easily, and save that as a new design to use when I need. This is the type of function I use, and I believe A LOT of your users are asking for. This seems to be the only function that is missing from Essentials. Will this be coming in some of the updates. I understand that it is currently part of the other programs you have, but it's at a much higher price range as well. For the home users, that price range is just something that most cannot justify for a hobby. For a business yes, that is a minimal expense in my opinion, but not for a home user.

Again, I'm watching Essentials closely to see if and when you will be adding this function to I can purchase. I really like the demo. The program seems really easy to use, and that layering option was a plus for me, but....I do absolutely need the ability to remove parts of a design. Hope to see this funtion in Essentials soon! Your team seems to be a wonderful bunch!! thanks. Kim ;)

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:57 pm

Have you tried using the stitch simulator to remove the part of the design you want to save or delete? I take apart designs all the time with the simulator. If you run the simulator and stop when it gets to a place that you want to separate, just click the stop button and choose a new color. You may have to repeat this in several places depending on the complexity of the design. Then, click out of the simulator and delete or (copy and paste elsewhere) the parts that you want to remove or save. I also have a Windows program that does all of this by lassoing the parts to remove, but it requires more cleanup a afterwards with extraneous stitches. I much prefer the structure and ease of use of Embrilliance on my Mac.
Betty

badcompany59

Post by badcompany59 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Actually, no I have not. I've seen it mentioned, but haven't tried it. I'll see how that works. Kind of confusing on the color issue. I'll play with it and see.

I still would like to see something more user friendly (like the rest of the software) in Essentials. Thanks for your input. I'll try that this eve and see how it works. Thanks. Kim :D

badcompany59

Post by badcompany59 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:35 pm

I took a few minutes to play with my design, and yes that works, but you really have to know exactly what stitch to stop on don't you? Well maybe not, now that I'm thinking about it. The base of the flower is actually part of the scroll design, and in SWP I can leave the base there, and just take the flower part. Guess I would actually have to go a couple of stitches past that, then do the stop & change the color. This works perfect if you know that exactly what stitch to stop on. Takes more time than my current program, but yes, you can achieve the same goal with much practice - LOL.

Never thought I would hear myself say this, but....honestly, I don't want to take that much time. Ouch! That really hurt....I'll just have to play some more with it, and find the short cuts on it. One question though, how do you get back to where it stopped? I was using the scroll bar with the colors to get back to where I stopped and taking it to the end of where I changed the color to get it back on track in the simulator. Is that how you do it???? Also, when you cut out part of the design out, and you get those threads or stitches that seem to go wild, how do you remove those?? I think this is where the ability to click around those parts &/or stitches, or "lasso" much, much easier. I couldn't figure out how to remove that part. Suggestions??? I know I'm probably asking for too much, but it never hurts to make the suggestion!! Thanks. Kim

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:30 pm

We agree that being able to select the stitches some how would be very nice and it has been added to the Embrilliance software "wish list".

Glad to hear you are having fun with the software!
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:09 pm

badcompany59 wrote:I took a few minutes to play with my design, and yes that works, but you really have to know exactly what stitch to stop on don't you? Well maybe not, now that I'm thinking about it. The base of the flower is actually part of the scroll design, and in SWP I can leave the base there, and just take the flower part. Guess I would actually have to go a couple of stitches past that, then do the stop & change the color. This works perfect if you know that exactly what stitch to stop on. Takes more time than my current program, but yes, you can achieve the same goal with much practice - LOL.

Never thought I would hear myself say this, but....honestly, I don't want to take that much time. Ouch! That really hurt....I'll just have to play some more with it, and find the short cuts on it. One question though, how do you get back to where it stopped? I was using the scroll bar with the colors to get back to where I stopped and taking it to the end of where I changed the color to get it back on track in the simulator. Is that how you do it???? Also, when you cut out part of the design out, and you get those threads or stitches that seem to go wild, how do you remove those?? I think this is where the ability to click around those parts &/or stitches, or "lasso" much, much easier. I couldn't figure out how to remove that part. Suggestions??? I know I'm probably asking for too much, but it never hurts to make the suggestion!! Thanks. Kim
Hi Kim,
I make one pass from left to right. I first use the pull the scroll arrow to get close. Then, I use the blue forward and back buttons to step through one stitch at a time until I get precisely where I want to cut the design. I choose that place by clicking until I am one stitch past where I need to cup. Back up one step and I am precisely where I want to be. Then, press stop and choose the new color. I then go through the new color until I want to make the next cut, again using the blue arrows. Press stop again and choose color. I repeat this process until I get to the end of the colors. I do not get any jump stitches that need removing. I find this faster than SWP since I have no cleaning up to do with jump stitches and extraneous stitches. When finished, I select the design and choose ungroup from the Edit menu. I can then just draw a rectangle around what I want, copy it, and move to a new page. Or, use the object tree and select the pieces you want, copy, and paste to new document, or just delete what you do not want. I vary the method depending on what I am trying to achieve.
If you have parts that you want to remove that are already a different color, remove them using the object tree or ungroup the design and click on objects to copy or remove. You only need the simulator when you need to split an object. Hope this is a little clearer than mud. Feel free to ask anything more.
Betty

Beach

Post by Beach » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:46 pm

Just purchase embrilliance essentials. Can splitting be done yet? That was my primary reason for getting this product. I have a 4x4 Babylock and have the larger multiposition hoop but didn't realize I couldn't split the design I made online with it so I could stitch it. This is upsetting if this is not an option.