iPad Pro with Apple Pencil

If you would like us to consider a feature or product concept which might be out of the scope for Essentials, please add your thoughts here.
Lynda Ballard

iPad Pro with Apple Pencil

Post by Lynda Ballard » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:13 pm

The new 12.9" iPad Pro will be out in November 2015. With the Apple Pencil it seems like it would be the perfect tool for Digitizing. Just load a picture and start digitizing right on the screen. The pictures and design files could be stored in iCloud Drive which can be upgraded to 50GB for just $0.99 per month. iCloud Drive can be opened on any computer and the designs transferred to a USB stick for use in the embroidery machine.
Please consider creating Embrilliance Stitch Artist apps for the iPad.

Beau

Re: iPad Pro with Apple Pencil

Post by Beau » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:54 pm

Oh yes please, I have just got my iPad Pro and would so love to use Embrillance on it, it is bigger than my MacAir :lol:
Thanks Ann

Mac

Post by Mac » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:26 pm

Embrilliance products run in computers or tablets that use Windows or OS X.

The iPad runs iOS which is not Windows and not OS X and therefore Embrilliance will not run on an iPad.
Mac embroidery software "For The Rest Of Us!"

pegobrien61

Post by pegobrien61 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:19 am

Yes, but with Parallels you can run any Mac program installed on your Mac from the iPad. Has anyone tried using that to access the digitizing feature with the Apple Pencil? I don't have the iPad Pro yet, but would be very interested to know if that scenario is viable. Regarding your response to the original poster, she wasn't asking if it worked on the iPad she was requesting that you consider developing Stitch Artist for the iPad. Your response was a bit dismissive and, frankly, rude.