Christmas Gift for 2013 (Free Designs)

Embroidery designs shared by users!
Embrilliance (.be) files only.
Forum rules
All projects and designs need to have used something Embrilliant in them, and must be original work.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Christmas Gift for 2013

Post by Admin » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:47 pm

Hi, Pam;
It's after dinner here, and typing is more exercise than watching Dr. Who.

For all;
Lisa has illustrated the method of use in her post. Please do read that, as it will show you the way.

As this is just the start of our BX design collections, I think I'll mention a few pertinent facts to help future stragglers in their quest for 'Free Designs'.

A .BX file is an installer for Embrilliance. It installs on either Mac or PC. It can be renamed: It's name doesn't matter.

If you do not have Embrilliance running, you should be able to double click on a .BX file and our program will open, and the .BX will install files into your Library. (You may have to tell your computer what program to use to open .BX files the first time. Do NOT tell it Acrobat just because it is first in the list in Windows!)

If you have only the free Embrilliance, running in Express Mode, this is still fine, and the .BX files may save (some in the future may be licensed to a particular title.) If your program is open, drag the .BX file onto the main view of the program. The program will install the files. If you're running the Demo, that's nice, but it will never save. Additionally, please obtain the regular version. It runs even if you have not paid for it, but you won't be able to do all the cool things.

As stated, a .BX file is an installer. Thus, it can put threads, fonts and designs into your program. The location of the installation is generally hidden from you. Most users will have no need of knowing where they go. The reason for this is the designs are accessed by the program features. In these cases, design collections, the designs are accessed from the Library button, third from the right on the main toolbar.

Each vendor, or person, who makes designs, can have their own 'Catalogs.' For instance Lisa has a catalog, "Lisa Sew Bubbles: Applique". When you select the catalog, you then see design collections listed on the left. Clicking on an individual collection icon causes the collection to load. The designs for the collection will appear on the right as a set of thumbnails. Select whichever ones you want, and click OK to bring them into the design page.

If you do wander into the files/folders installed by a .BX file, do not mess with the file names. That will cause the files not to show up. File names are NOT going to match what shows up in your Library anyway. Each Catalog and sub-catalog has its own directory. Those are named by the person who made the collection. Please do not rename the folders. Or feed them after midnight. Nor should you get them wet. If you do not understand this, then you are too young to have seen Gremlins, hence you can program your own VCR and you need no further instruction. For the rest of the 12:00 flashers, read on:

Each time you open the Library, the folders are searched, thus, there is no need to re-run the program after installing a .BX file. This is to make it easy for you, but some folks are used to it being hard. We understand. It will take time. You will get used to it being easy.

Again, Lisa has done this with pictures on her post, and believe it or not, it's in the Help.

When these collections were first put up, Lisa and myself had unknowingly created .BX files with the same name. This had nothing to do with how they would look once installed. However, some few people may have overwritten one BX file with another of the same name. Most web browsers will add a (2) at the end of a duplicate file name, so this should not have been an issue, generally speaking.

Now, it is useful to have version 1.125 of the Embrilliance Platform (or later) on your system. This ensures the designs will play correctly. If you are still running off the CD version, you need to update. Embrilliance.com/downloads has the program. Some people fail to read RED lettering, but the RED lettering names the titles that the ONE platform download contains. Really. One download. Our titles, except Thumbnailer, are all in one download. The features are activated by serial numbers. Again this is to make life easier. Get used to it.

Once you have a running program, drag the BX files one at a time onto the main program page and we're fairly sure you'll get your files installed.
On a rare occasion there are 'permission' issues on Mac's that have had their operating system (OSX) upgraded. If this happens to you, use the Contact Us form to have someone help you straighten it out. We love fixing permission issues. Well. Maybe we do. Sometimes. After lunch with a beer.

Hope this helps those inquisitive minds out there to get up and running and feel satisfied that they know how it works.
And if not, you can ask again. Someone will anyway.

If you fail to read this as a tongue-in-cheek missive, you've missed the most important point:
Have Fun!
-Brian
:D :D :D

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

GayleK

Post by GayleK » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:20 am

Thank you! This software really was absolutely a lifesaver for the Christmas gifts! And thank you for the designs/appliques!!

karosd42

Post by karosd42 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:39 am

Thanx for the gift files!

EastWitch2

Re: Christmas Gift for 2013 (Free Designs)

Post by EastWitch2 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:49 pm

Happy Holidays Brian!

Thank you for these neat Moddies.
Now I will have to learn to Applique! :roll:

Is anyone working on FSL Moddies?????

I hope Santa was good to you this year!
Wishing you and your Embriliance Team a Very Happy New Year.

EastWitch2

Toby82

Post by Toby82 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:35 am

Hej,

I just bought Embrilliance Essentials in the AppStore. How can i get Version 1.125 to get this working? I only get 1.122 in the AppStore.

Cheers
Toby

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:23 am

Hello, Toby,
The app store version is sufficient. The minor, minor version changes are unimportant for this. Sorry, I had forgotten we were a couple weeks behind in the App Store, but Apple's process is a bit slower. We'll have them caught up in about two weeks. Meanwhile, please enjoy!
Regards,
-Brian

bpen7

Post by bpen7 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:19 pm

I am completely lost!!! How did you open the LIBRARY box to "merge files"? I don't seem to be able to find either of these options. I am a MAC user. Is it something else for us? When you reply, please go step-by-step for me. Thanks.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:34 pm

bpen7 wrote:I am completely lost!!! How did you open the LIBRARY box to "merge files"? I don't seem to be able to find either of these options. I am a MAC user. Is it something else for us? When you reply, please go step-by-step for me. Thanks.
Have a look at Lisa's post: http://www.embrilliance.com/phpBB3/view ... ?f=8&t=603
She put the visuals in there, on a Mac.

BTW the third button from the right is the Library design button in Essentials.
Some people have never clicked on it - but now there are more reasons to do so!
Cheers,
-B

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:47 pm

bpen7 wrote:I am completely lost!!! How did you open the LIBRARY box to "merge files"? I don't seem to be able to find either of these options. I am a MAC user. Is it something else for us? When you reply, please go step-by-step for me. Thanks.
Once you have dropped the Christmas Applique Gift bx Files onto the open Window of Essentials or Alpha Tricks they install automatically into the Embrilliance Library.

To find the Embrilliance Library you click on the Third Button from the right side on the Top Tool Bar as Brian stated.
Here is a picture of that Merge Button circled in red on the Top Tool Bar.

Once you click on it you will see the word Catalog and to the left of it you will see a Drop Down Box with an arrow.
Click the arrow and you should now see the 3 new Gift catalogs listed that you just loaded into the Library.
Choose one and then choose one of the designs and click Okay and that will put the design into the working window.
Hope this helps!
EastWitch2
Attachments
Merge Button for Embrilliance Library.jpg
This is where to find the Embrilliance Library and the new Chriitsmas Gift Designs you installed
Merge Button for Embrilliance Library.jpg (118.13 KiB) Viewed 3435 times

Rosy Dustbins

Post by Rosy Dustbins » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:19 pm

I have just got back from visiting my daughter. Thank you for the lovely surprise Christmas present! :D I am looking forward to using these clever designs.