Picture of Text Circle using Essential/Alpha Tricks

Embroidery designs shared by users!
Embrilliance (.be) files only.
Forum rules
All projects and designs need to have used something Embrilliant in them, and must be original work.
EastWitch2

Picture of Text Circle using Essential/Alpha Tricks

Post by EastWitch2 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:52 pm

One of our members was asking if you could do text in a circle having the bottom text of the circle facing right side up.

So I made a design using my purchased Digi Stitches Natalie Font and a free design that I downloaded from the Sew Forum Website to put a design together to demonstrate the circle text using Essentials and/or Alpha Tricks.

For the Circlular text all I did was make 2 text designs and used the Circle option for the text to form the circle.

For the text for the top of the circle - Flip Flops Are MY - I adjusted the Radius and also the word spacing.

For the text on the bottom of the Circle - Glass Slippers - I clicked on Bottom undernether the box where I typed my text and then I adjusted the radius , letter spacing and the line spacing using the sliders to make the adjustments.

I found it easiest to line up my circlular top text to the center horizontal grid line positioning the first and last letter of the text on the grid line after forming the half circle of text.
Then used the center grid line again to line up my bottom text to the top text and make any final letter or word spacing adjustments so the circle looked right.

Then I used Select All and centered the all the circular text to center it in the hoop area.
I then added, resized and positioned the Flip Flop Design to the middle of the circle .

Once all was the way I wanted it I used the Select All and used the Save as Stitch and and Working file to save the designs to my computer.

EastWitch2
Still waiting for Spring to arrive here in Canada! :lol:
Attachments
Circle Flip Flops.jpg
Circle Flip Flops.jpg (242.18 KiB) Viewed 3972 times

MacStitch

Re: Picture of Text Circle using Essential/Alpha Tricks

Post by MacStitch » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:03 pm

Thanks Eastwitch for another of your very thorough tutorials.
Just have to add, It's flip flops all year here in Florida.
Betty

EastWitch2

Re: Picture of Text Circle using Essential/Alpha Tricks

Post by EastWitch2 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:57 pm

Thank you Betty for your kind comments.
I do apologize that the picture of the whole screen I uploaded is so large but I had trouble trying to resize it! lol.
EastWitch2