Inserting Stitches - Need Help

Discussion about Embrilliance Enthusiast
KLReeves

Inserting Stitches - Need Help

Post by KLReeves » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:07 pm

I have a design that has basically a satin fill in an area and is too light for my liking. Lisa, do you have one of your handy little tutorials on how to add stitches? I've tried adjusting the density, but because of the direction of the satin fill, I'm having trouble with that as well, and the manual just is not clicking for me.
TIA,
Kate R

LisaSewBubbles

Re: Inserting Stitches - Need Help

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:42 pm

Hello Kate,

I'm not sure I can think of an "easy" way to do this in Enthusiast, but you can do something like this in Density Repair Kit. You can choose the object, select Stitches, and increase the density for what you want to increase.
DRK2.jpg
DRK2.jpg (81.26 KiB) Viewed 3691 times
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

KLReeves

Post by KLReeves » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:23 pm

If I could figure out the insert stitches, I'm pretty sure I could get what I want...I basically need to add two rows of the stitching in one part of the pattern so that the dark background doesn't show through. What I can't figure out is what to do after the 'insert before" or after. That's where the manual isn't real clear. I can't see anything while I'm clicking, and don't know what to click at the end to see what I've been clicking in the open spot. Does that make sense?

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:18 pm

Try turning off 3D - does that help?

Try hiding some of the colors using the hide lock in the object pane - if you have lots of layers this can help.
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

Tracy Gamel

Post by Tracy Gamel » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:44 pm

So when you want the stitches to be thicker do you want a smaller number or a larger number in the Satin scale?

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:01 pm

Tracy Gamel wrote:So when you want the stitches to be thicker do you want a smaller number or a larger number in the Satin scale?
Hi Tracy Gamel!
I believe in Density Repair using the Sartin Scale Slider when you want to increase the density of the stitches you would choose a percentage larger than 0 on the Satin Scale.

If you want to reduce the density I think you would choose a percentage smaller than O on the Satin scale.

I would just make any density adjustment in small increments until you get it right.
Remember to save your design after adjusting with a different name other than the original stitch file name so you retain the original file incase you need it.

Hope this makes sense!
EastWitch2

GeorgeSr

Inserting Stitches Need Help

Post by GeorgeSr » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:46 am

I have tried to drag an address into a posting ---doesnt work---please, can anyone help me, thanks.