Shadow Letters - Underlapped stitches removed on the Save!

Get the most out of your software! Here we'll try to add useful tips regarding Essentials features.
LisaSewBubbles

Shadow Letters - Underlapped stitches removed on the Save!

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:23 am

July4.png
July4.png (157.48 KiB) Viewed 8160 times
I created this design using just the lettering function of Essentials. I wanted to create a stylized number "4" so I chose a font from Font Collection 1 since they are more decorative. However, it wasn't enough.

I selected the 4, copied and pasted it in my design page and staggered them on top of each other changing the color of the top 4 to white. This created a "drop shadow" effect.

In other software programs this would have created a bulky bump where the two 4s overlapped. However, not in Essentials because the program automatically removes some of the stitches underneath to create a smoother planned transition. You may have seen this on designs you have purchased - where colors overlap, there are some stitches underneath to prevent a gap from showing between the two areas of stitching, but not a whole lots.

Essentials provides this automatic function (and you can turn it on or off in the preferences) for customizing so that you can have a professional look to the designs that you personalize!
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

MacStitch

Re: Shadow Letters - Underlapped stitches removed on the Sav

Post by MacStitch » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:08 am

Great idea!
Thanks

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:45 pm

Hi Lisa

The removal of stitches when stitch files are overlapped is sure a great feature and makes editing and merging design much easier.
Your Shadow Effect idea for letters or numbers is really neat.
Thank you for all the great tips!

You have given me 1 more good reason to break down and buy Essentials as I really think it is much easier to use than the editing software I currently use.

EastWitch2

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:02 pm

You are most welcome! And thank you for the "little push" on the video :-) I posted the new one to YouTube so I'm heading over to the AlphaTricks section to post a link with a bit of information!
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:33 pm

Your new Video is terrific Lisa!

I am sure this will help everyone using Alpha Tricks to understand that the program is much more than just a mapping program for digitized Alphabets and making text from the mapped letters.

Since I wasn't familar with Essentials I had no idea that Alpha Tricks would do so much until I watched a few of your Essentials Videos and experimented on my own in Alpha Tricks.

This video really shows how to import and merge designs with the lettering.

Thank You Again for all your work on making these videos and helping users of the Embrilliance Programs!

Now I guess I wll have to put on my thinking cap again and come up with more ideas of what I would like you to make a video on next! LOL

Thanks again Lisa.
EastWitch2

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:25 pm

Hello and very glad that you liked the video for AlphaTricks. I saw your cross post on the SewForum -- thank you for that!

I look forward to suggestions and ideas :-) Off to work on my blog now - stitching is almost done!

Lisa

BKM31005

Post by BKM31005 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:02 am

Thanks for this tip! I've had AlphaTricks for several months and just down-loaded Essentials this morning. I've already put together a design that I hope to use today!

And, if anyone is worried about how to download these programs .... well .... it couldn't be any easier!

BvilleCBH

Post by BvilleCBH » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:18 pm

I did the the same thing. Took a word, copied it, pasted it and moved it slightly to give the same effect. When I ran the stitch simulator the underlying grey stitched out like normal and the purple (top) stitched out like normal. No stitches were removed. Can you be more specific on the steps of saving so that I can fix what I'm doing wrong? I have the preference checked to take out the stitches.

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:37 pm

In order to see the stitches that have been removed you have to open your stich file in Essentials and then use the Zoom Slider to enlarge the design and hoop on screen.
Then click on the Stitch Simulator Icon at the top of the page.
Click on play and you should see where the stitches have been removed on the design that is on the bottom of the overlapped designs.

This works for any overlapped designs or letters or numbers to see where the stitches have been removed.

Your stitch count will be less for the saved Stitch File than the total stitch count of all the design objects in the be Working file.

You can confirm this be using select all option in the working file and look at the bottom of the page at the total stitch count for the working file then compare that stitch count to the stitch count shown in your saved Stitch file.

Any editing and color changes etc. have to be made using the Working be file.

EastWitch2

BvilleCBH

Post by BvilleCBH » Sat May 03, 2014 1:26 pm

I did my shirt bc I needed to get it to a Mom. It stitched out EVERY stitch on the silver (the bottom color). Nothing was removed.