We like to create embroidered projects for all of our friends and family – including those with four legs! Today’s project was created by our own Lisa Shaw of Bubbles’ Menagerie for her furry family members, Daisy & Oscar.

Of course, you wouldn’t believe that these were Lisa’s fur babies without the appropriate pictures and story! First we have Daisy, an Australian Shepherd/Blue Heeler mix.  When we got Daisy, her Mom was 35lbs and Dad was about 40lbs so we thought she would be at least 30lbs.  Well she was the runt of the litter and is a whopping 20-22lbs depending on the season. She is about 8-1/2 years old and was a great companion to our Bubba who passed away in February.

We knew that Daisy was lonely and we have always had 2 dogs, so we started looking at the rescue places to see if we could find a young Aussie/Border Collie/Blue Heeler that needed a home. But then the whole Stay at Home order hit so no more looking for us 🙁  But then we heard that there was a litter of Australian Cattle Dog mix puppies available in a few weeks from our Pikes Peak Humane Society. They were being taken care of by a lovely skilled foster family and would be available in a couple weeks. When we saw the photo of “Sausage McGriddles” well, we knew that he would be a perfect fit for our home – we were hooked.  We had thought we were going to name him Harley, but on the way home he helped us decide that his name would be Oscar McWaffles – and he already knows that his name is Oscar.

So now we have an Oscar and a Daisy and it is so entertaining to watch the two of them get to know each other. You can see that Oscar has a bit of growing to do – he is only 9 weeks in these photos! But it is so much fun to watch him explore his world with Daisy!

I needed to make a new mat for their water bowl!  This turned into an Afterhours lesson on my business page that I have now uploaded to youtube. This is a chatty video that walks you thru the whole process of how the waterbowl placemat project came to be.

The video may be a bit chatty, but it is loaded with tips and tricks for Essentials, Enthusiast and even StitchArtist! Lisa used 3 different fonts – one for Daisy, one for Oscar and a coordinating “&” from a third.  She used fonts from Embrilliance Font Collection 1  and Font Collection 2, but you could use any installed fonts in your Embrilliance platform.  As mentioned in the video, you can download the pawprint design here.  If you have StitchArtist of course, you should use the video as instructions to create the design yourself from the built in library shapes!

Download Puppy Paw Design Zip File

The design is provided in our native .BE format, enabling you to save a stitch file for any embroidery machine. If you aren’t already an Embrilliance owner, we provide a free method to use our software called Express Mode that will not only allow you to use any of the wonderful free designs found in our project blog, but also enables you to install and create basic text treatments with fonts distributed in our popular .BX format produced by many embroidery design creators.

To learn more about Embrilliance Express and for the instructions and links you need to download, install, and use our software with our free project files, please click here.

We’d love to see how you use our designs! If you’d like to be featured on the Embrilliance project blog, click here to submit your pics and don’t forget to tag your posts on social media with #Embrilliance and #StayStrongStitchOn!

2 thoughts on “Puppy Paw Placemat Layout Project

1. Thank you for the design by Lisa. I watched the video and did the work on Embrilliance, but only bought level 1 as I thought I would never do any of that design stuff. Well I tried, but couldn’t complete the design the way Lisa did. Love her videos and her zany chatter. It helps that I saw her in person many years ago. 🙂

Comments are closed.