Stitch all one color first

Get the most out of your software! Here we'll try to add useful tips regarding Essentials features.
Verneta

Stitch all one color first

Post by Verneta » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:55 pm

Hello. I have two butterflies to stitch out; side by side in my hoop. I would like it to first stitch out all the pink on both butterflies, then go back and stitch the brown for both.
Instead of pink, brown, pink brown since I have a single-thread machine. How is this done? Thank you for your time and assistance!

EastWitch2

Re: Stitch all one color first

Post by EastWitch2 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:06 pm

Use the Color Sort Function under the Utilities Tab at the top of the open working window.

Here is a video you can watch that walks you through using Color Sort.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzGLbeO ... e=youtu.be

EastWitch2

Verneta

Post by Verneta » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:21 pm

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I am still not catching on. I did a color sort and it reduced it by 3 color changes. However, when I use the stitch simulator, it stiches each butterly out separately. In the Objects window, the two butterflies are listed separetly. I cannot resquence the colors (stitch the dark pink first, the lighter pink, then the brown). Hope this makes sense. Thank you for your patience with my questions.

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:33 pm

Hi Verneta!

Once you do the Color Sort and save the Color Sorted Design in a stitch file format for your machine you will then have to open the saved stitch file not the working file (be file) in order to see that the design has been reduced by 3 colors leaving only 3 colors to stitch out.

When you have the saved stitch file open in Essentials you can then run the Stitch Simulator and it should show the design stitching in the 3 colors not 6 colors.

Does this help you?
EastWitch2

Verneta

Post by Verneta » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:07 am

Thank you so much. I did not realize you have to save it and then RE-OPEN it! That worked. Then i just rearranged my colors around. Now just to figure out the use of the working file and the saved stitch file. Still confused on that. Thanks again! :D