How to send a design to the machine OFF-Centered

Get the most out of your software! Here we'll try to add useful tips regarding Essentials features.
LisaSewBubbles

How to send a design to the machine OFF-Centered

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Fri May 03, 2013 6:27 pm

Sometimes you want a design to stitch in a particular location in a hoop and you don't want to move it at the machine. One of our customers posted an applique design photo to Facebook that she wanted to stitch off-center because it was a LARGE letter A with a small extension to the design on the left. Stitching this design centered on the entire design was too heavily weighted on one side and looks off center even though it wasn't!

So here is a trick that you can use to save an off centered design.
off center save_sm.png
off center save_sm.png (124.05 KiB) Viewed 3179 times
Open the design in Essentials and place it in the hoop where you want it to stitch.

Add a basting box from the Utility menu.

Resize the basting box (click on this object in the object pane to select just this) so that when the "design" is centered, the actual design is off center - see the white space on the right of the design?

If you want you can move this basting box to stitch last if you aren't going to use it to baste the design to the stabilizer. It's ok if its only job is to put the design in the right spot in the hoop!
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

peaceloveknit

Re: How to send a design to the machine OFF-Centered

Post by peaceloveknit » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:28 pm

Thanks this might help me with another project I am working through!!
Maria
Running Thumbnailer, Essentials, Enthusiast, Alpha Tricks and Stitch Artist Level 3
MacBook Pro with Catalina
Brother PR655
Apple geek who loves Embroidery, Knitting, Sewing and Quilting